Is it possible to make Community Event Image be Required?

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Is it possible to make Community Event Image be Required?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Joanne
    Participant

Is there a way to require an image be upload for a community event submission?

http://www.kidtivity.com/family-events-in-ct/community/add

Thanks!

George
    Participant

Hey Joanne,

Thanks for reaching out!

This is unfortunately not possible “out of the box”, but may be possible with some custom coding.

Another customer actually just asked about this, and so I am working on a custom code solution. I may not be able to do it, and it may take me some time to do so, but sit tight — I will post an update here with news about my custom code solution to make featured images required for community events.

Stay tuned! 😀
    George

George
    Participant

Hello!

I was able to produce a snippet that makes the featured image required for submitting a Community Event. That snippet is this:

add_filter( 'tribe_events_community_required_fields', 'tribe_community_require_image_to_submit', 10, 1 );

function tribe_community_require_image_to_submit( $fields ) {

if ( ! is_array( $fields ) ) {
    return $fields;
    }

$fields[] = 'EventImage';

return $fields;
    }

☝️ Try adding this to your theme’s functions.php file and it should make featured images required.

You will have to take the reins on further refinement of this and/or other customizations, but I hope this helps! 😀

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Is it possible to make Community Event Image be Required?’ is closed to new replies.