Is it possible to important from another 'The Events Calendar' Calendar?

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Is it possible to important from another 'The Events Calendar' Calendar?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Eric
    Participant

I’m working with a client to create a central calendar. A few of the calendars I’ll be importing from are powered by ‘The Events Calendar.’ Is there a “friendly” way to import events from one TEC Calendar to another? I tried via ICS and was unable to bring the featured image over. Would there be a way to include the featured image as well?

George
    Participant

Hey Eric,

Thanks for reaching out.

ICS is the primary method, though as you mention it has its limitations.

The WordPress XML import/export tools, while not automatic, include all event data and may be helpful for your needs. We have a guide about using those for events here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-wordpress-export-tools-to-migrate-events-content

Let me know if this helps! If those tools aren’t what you’re looking for then the best thing alternative to that would be to get a CSV-export plugin from WordPress.org (there are many—we don’t recommend a specific one, just search for one with high ratings). You can then export events into CSV, then import them on the other site with The Events Calendar’s built-in CSV importers. You can read about the CSV import methods here: https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/using-the-events-calendars-csv-importer/

Please let me know if this information helps and if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with.

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Is it possible to important from another 'The Events Calendar' Calendar?’ is closed to new replies.