Is it possible to display the 'featured image' at full height in the event?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Is it possible to display the 'featured image' at full height in the event?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Ashley

Hi, I realise that the ‘featured image’ gets square-cropped for the tooltip hover on the grid view, but must it always be letterbox-cropped on the single event page?

Is there any way of displaying it at full height, or if not, can it be hidden from this page but remain as a thumbnail on the grid?

Rob

Hi Ashley. I’m not sure about this myself, but our developer Jonah may have some suggestions. Let me see what he can offer up – he’ll respond here directly.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Ashley, you can certainly adjust the image sizes however you want. If you look in single.php we just use the_post_thumbnail() to display the image.

You can either pass in default parameters for sizing, i.e. ‘thumbnail’, ‘medium’, ‘large’, ‘full’. Or, you can add your own sizes via the add_image_size() function in WordPress and then use this size as a parameter.

More details on image sizing in WordPress can be found at: http://codex.wordpress.org/Function_Reference/the_post_thumbnail

Note, if you’re going to modify single.php make sure to do within an ‘events’ folder in your theme so as not to lose your changes when updating.

Ashley

Great, thanks very much.

Jonah
    Participant

You’re welcome, let us know if there is anything else you need help with.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Is it possible to display the 'featured image' at full height in the event?’ is closed to new replies.