Is it possible to add a secondary thumbnail (featured image) to an event post?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Is it possible to add a secondary thumbnail (featured image) to an event post?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nicolas
    Participant

Dear support,

I am wondering if it is possible to add a secondary thumbnail or featured image to an event post? For example, to use with plugin “Multiple post thumbnails”?

Kind regards,
    Nick

George
    Participant

Hey Nick,

Thanks for reaching out.

Our plugins themselves do not offer any way to add a secondary thumbnail. So to do this, you would need to:

• Use custom code
    • Use another plugin that adds multiple thumbnails

We are unfortunately not able to help with custom code, as elaborated upon here → https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/what-support-is-provided-for-license-holders/

So if you are not able to write custom code yourself, the only options are to hire someone to write custom code for you or to use a plugin that adds this sort of functionality.

That plugin you linked to looks promising; try it out and tinker around with other plugins if need be. If you have specific issues with those plugins, like they don’t work on Events post types, then contact the support team of those plugins about why their features don’t work on custom post types.

Best of luck with your project!
    George

Nicolas
    Participant

Hi George, apologies for the delay in responding, other things pulling my attention! I found that the following added to functions.php allowed me to work with the plugin “Multiple Post thumbnails”, perhaps it could assist someone else:

if (class_exists('MultiPostThumbnails')) {
    	new MultiPostThumbnails(
    		array(
    		'label' => 'Secondary Image',
    		'id' => 'secondary-image',
    		'post_type' => 'tribe_events'
    	)
    	);
    }
    add_image_size('post-secondary-image-thumbnail', 800, 200);

Best wishes,
    Nick

George
    Participant

Awesome solution, Nick! Thanks for sharing it, too!

Cheers,
    George

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Is it possible to add a secondary thumbnail (featured image) to an event post?’ is closed to new replies.