Is existing Attendee List data altered when fieldset is edited?

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Is existing Attendee List data altered when fieldset is edited?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Hi there!

I’m sure there is a quick answer to this, but I just need to confirm something about the way Tickets Plus handles attendee data…

We have begun accumulating attendees for an event. We’re selling tickets using WooCommerce and Tickets Plus. I’d like to make a small edit to the particular ticket Fieldset that accompany’s the event (deleting one field, and editing another field within the one fieldset).

The reason for this particular edit is that we’re no longer offering a meal preference for this event, however, we’ve already made some sales (accumulated attendees for this event) and don’t want to alter the existing attendee list as we continue to sell tickets for this fall event.

My Question: Does the act of editing the fieldset (for a ticket that already has attendees) alter or remove any of the EXISTING attendee list data for that event? My gut tells me “no”, but I wanted to check.

I know I can download / export the attendee list as a CSV, which I will do as safe keeping. But I just want to confirm what happens to the existing attendee records in the attendee list for an event when we make an alteration to the fieldset.

Okay, Thanks!

Chris

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello Chris,

Thanks for reaching out with your question! Let me try to help you with this.

The data the is already saved in the database will not be deleted or changed.

However, if you change the fields that will affect what you will see on the attendee list and in the export.

If you remove a filed, that that will not be seen any more in the list / export.

If you change the label of a field or the type, the effect is similar or I believe even the same. That is because the identifier of the field is generated from the label.

So if you want easy access to all past data, than an export is definitely recommended.

Before changing anything I would also recommend a full database backup.

A workaround might be – though not tested – is rather adding new fields / options to the field and removing the “required” status. That way you still should see past data in the export.

Does this help?

Andras

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Is existing Attendee List data altered when fieldset is edited?’ is closed to new replies.