Is Ecwid compatible as the ecommerce solution?

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Is Ecwid compatible as the ecommerce solution?

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Lisa

We prefer to use Ecwid than WooCommerce. Can you tell me if your ticket plugins are compatible and easy to configure with Ecwid? How does the shopping cart communicate with the events plugin — do you have to do any configuration or add any codes to the shopping cart first? We need to get a sense of how long it will take us to implement on behalf of a client.

George
    Participant

Hey Lisa!

Our ticketing plugins unfortunately have no support for Ecwid at this time. 🙁

Each supported eCommerce platform has its own set of an extensive codebase dedicated to support the specific platform, each platform having its own idiosyncrasies and nuances. So adding support for a new platform, e.g. Ecwid, is a very extensive undertaking.

I’m sorry to disappoint!
    George

Lisa

So, the plugin description says you can use your favourite ecommerce solution; but from your response I gather that the only one compatible at this time is WooCommerce? Am I understanding correctly?

George
    Participant

Hi Lisa,

This page lists the currently-supported eCommerce platforms ? https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-event-tickets-plus/

This screenshot highlights the specific section that mentions that:

☝️ There is a link in that screenshot to a page where you can read more about the various eCommerce solutions. That page is here, if you would like to explore that ? https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/choosing-ecommerce/

I hope this information helps!
    George

Lisa

Thank you for the information. This statement “Our plugin extends your favorite ecommerce platforms, that means you can utilize all of their great features like payment gateways and coupons. Each platform has their own special features.” we find to be misleading.

I did find the list of compatible shopping carts but they were kind of buried and I had to scroll down twice before I found them. Just as a note to your advertising team. 😉

Thanks for the clarification. You’ve been very helpful.

George
    Participant

I will share this feedback and genuinely appreciate it; clarifying our language is of importance and I’m sorry for the trouble that arose from the lack of clarity at this time.

I will close this thread for now, but if you have any other issues, questions, comments, concerns, etc., open a new thread any time.

Best of luck with your project,
    George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Is Ecwid compatible as the ecommerce solution?’ is closed to new replies.