Is an Event a Post or Page

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Is an Event a Post or Page

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Andreas

Hi,

I am a volunteer for a Buddhist community that runs meditation retreats and I have been asked to build a new website. I have never used this plugin before, but I am seriously interested in purchasing the PRO version as we have repeating events. My first question is whether you offer some discount for a not for profit centre.

My second question is whether I would use WordPress pages or posts to display the events – does it matter? I was thinking of using a plugin to allow users to give a rating on the course after the course has finished, so I want to keep the pages up on the site, but pages that show a grid/list view of future events should not show these pages. Then when the course is run again, I would like to use the same page if possible and just update the event dates and thus over time the courses will get a lot of ratings. Is this possible?

Thanks
    Andreas

Courtney

Hello Andreas

You can apply for our non-profit discount by completing the form at https://theeventscalendar.com/apply-for-npp.

⚠️Please Note: Licenses granted through this programdo not include access to support. 
    If you need in-depth support, 
    please consider purchasing a regular license.

Our events are technically a custom post type: https://codex.wordpress.org/Post_Types. I’d suggest giving our free and required plugin, The Events Calendar, a try. The Pro version adds on additional features such as recurring events, different calendar views, and support for shortcodes.

Is there anything else I can help you with?

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Is an Event a Post or Page’ is closed to new replies.