is a limit for the calendar width possible?

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO is a limit for the calendar width possible?

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Stefan
    Participant

I use an Artisteer design at my website. Now I have the problem that the calendar is too wide for a 2 columned style. Here you can see that:
    http://www.ev-kirche-ginsheim.de/kalender

Unfortunately, you can at the current Artisteer version only for the Template Options to specify whether the page is one column is not more than the conventional rider. Is there a way to limit the calendar width, so that the fit again?

Thank you, best regards,
    Stefan

ps: the correct url is http://www.ev-kirche-ginsheim.de/

Barry

You could probably tweak the event stylesheet to do this … can you look over our themer’s guide and see if that gets you headed in the right direction?

Stefan
    Participant

Hi Barry,

thanks for your Answer. I will lookin for that …

Barry

Great!

Stefan
    Participant

HI Barry,

I’m so not so clear, that seems to exceed my programming and english knowledge yet. I’m wrote also with the support of Artisteer, and Artisteer now asks if I can give here the Pro version for test purposes, is that possible?

Thanks,
    Stefan

Barry

This reply is private.

Stefan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Stefan
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

No problem – but can you try the rules I suggested in my last post, too?

http://pastebin.com/V0VpNqXL

In that (alternative) events.css code I specified the table-layout as fixed, which is important here.

Stefan
    Participant

Hi Barry,

sorry, that I had not seen. Thank you very much, almost perfect.
    As you can now see, the contents of the column overrides now the next column when there is too much text.

best regards,
    Stefan

Barry

So there are different ways you might deal with that.

You could make the table cell hide any overflowing text, or add a horizontal scroll bar for overflowing cells, or one of many other ideas. Really it depends on what your preference is.

This problem isn’t specific to The Events Calendar as such though, it’s just a routine problem of fitting long, unbroken pieces of text into small areas of a webpage.

Stefan
    Participant

Hi Barry,
    Thanks, this has really helped me, and you can close the support ticket now. I’ll try that people enter data in calendars make more upheavals, then it works 😉

best regards,
    Stefan

Barry

Great, thanks Stefan.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘is a limit for the calendar width possible?’ is closed to new replies.