iOS Calendar RSS feed

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions iOS Calendar RSS feed

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Robbie Bott

My previous calendar plugin had a simple RSS button that a user could click and it would add the calendar to their iOS device. I have seen that the events calendar also has an rss feed by adding /feed, however when you open that link on an iOS device it wants to open the Apple News app, instead of the calendar app to add it.
    How can I get my events calendar to show in iOS calendar? I want that parents to be able to subscribe to the calendar and it show on their devices as we update the calendar.

Hey Robbie

Can you check this out on our demo site: WP Shindig Demo Site https://wpshindig.com/events/. In the lower right, see the +Export Events button. This will prompt users to add the site to their own calendar software. You can copy the link to give out via newsletters, etc. as well. And if you’re up for a bit of coding work, you could change the text on that button as well.

Let me know if this will help.

Thanks
    Courtney ?

When I click the export button on your site. It downloads a .ics file. I then click on that and it opens my calendar and adds the events, however it only add the events on the calendar at that time. If you where to add a new event to your calendar would it automatically add it to my calendar on my computer or mobile device? I also followed the same process with my site calendar add an event and it never updated on my computer nor mobile device.

With my previous calendar it would update accordingly, when I would add the calendar to my devices it would ask how often I would like to update/check the online calendar for updates.

Also how do I respond to the response emails sent it tells me “The Help Desk and User Reference were not included in the subject line of the email reply. “

Andras
    Keymaster

Hey Robbie,

Yes, the ics files are static in that sense. If you add new events to the calendar, then you will need to download that ics file again.

Also how do I respond to the response emails sent it tells me “The Help Desk and User Reference were not included in the subject line of the email reply. “

Since you do not have a license that ensures you premium support in our helpdesk you cannot reply to that email. (Theoretically you can but it will be sucked up by the black whole of the Internet.)

We are unfortunately unable to provide support through our Pre-Sales forum channel, but you can head over to The Events Calendar WordPress.org support forums for assistance and answers.

If you do have a PRO license, you can log into your account and get assistance through our help desk.

If your other ticket where Courtney replies is not closed, you can continue there.

Thanks for understanding and good luck resolving your issue.

Cheers,
    Andras

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • The topic ‘iOS Calendar RSS feed’ is closed to new replies.