Invitation Only Event
I’m organisiing a business event by invitation only. Ideally I’d like to send invitations by snail mail with a code that enables each recipient to log into our website, view details of the event and RSVP.
Is there a way of doing this with your plugin?
Good evening Derek and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!
Thank you for your interest in our products.
We’ll be glad to answer your questions.
The way to achieve this is to make sure that the event in question is only visible to a certain WordPress role (which would require recipients to log in) or to protect it by a password.
The good news is that there are quite a few third-party plugins out there that can help with that.
The way this works is that these plugins, here is a quick list: https://colorlib.com/wp/content-protection-plugins-wordpress/
So in short, the process would be:
- Install both the Events Calendar and Event Tickets plugins on your website
- Choose a third-party content protector plugin
- Create your event, including your RSVP ticket
- Protect your event to the desired role or the desired password
- If need be, create WordPress users with a limited role (e.g: subscribers)
- Send them snail mail including the event URL and their credentials / password
Let me know if that helps.
Have a great day!
Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.
Thanks so much!
The Events Calendar Support Team
The topic ‘Invitation Only Event’ is closed to new replies.