Intro Text for Community Events Login

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Intro Text for Community Events Login

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    philofauna
    Participant

I recently installed the Community Events plugin and noticed there is no intro text for the login page; there is only a text field for the username and password. I worry that users will be confused as to what their login information would be if there is no text to tell them it is their WordPress login. It would also be nice if there could be a link to register with WordPress for new users. Is there a way to do this?

Casey
    Participant

philofauna,
    Thanks for getting in touch! Try pasting the following code into your theme’s functions.php file: https://gist.github.com/ckpicker/7360689

You’ll want to customize the HTML that is being displayed to suit your own purposes, but that should point you in the right direction. Give that a shot and let me know if you have further questions. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

philofauna
    Participant

Hi Casey,
    Thanks for your help. I tried to embed this code in my theme’s functions.php file, and when I updated the file my website became inaccessible. I just get a blank white page and can’t even get to my WordPress dashboard. Do you know why this may have happened?
    Thanks,
    Jessica

philofauna
    Participant

Yay! I was able to get my site back. Phew! I knew I was an expert Googler for something. 🙂 So, now that I have that up and running again, I’m going to paste my functions.php file code below and maybe you can tell me where I should be putting it. I’m guessing I did something wrong the first go round. Thanks!

<?php
    // ==================================================================
    // Included libraries
    require_once( get_template_directory() . ‘/includes/ace_functions.php’ );
    require_once( get_template_directory() . ‘/includes/ace_import_export.php’ );
    require_once( get_template_directory() . ‘/includes/ace_options.php’ );
    require_once( get_template_directory() . ‘/includes/ace_updates.php’ );
    require_once( get_template_directory() . ‘/includes/custom_post.php’ );
    require_once( get_template_directory() . ‘/includes/custom_widgets.php’ );
    require_once( get_template_directory() . ‘/includes/meta_boxes.php’ );
    require_once( get_template_directory() . ‘/includes/modules.php’ );
    require_once( get_template_directory() . ‘/includes/quicktags.php’ );
    require_once( get_template_directory() . ‘/includes/shortcodes.php’ );
    require_once( get_template_directory() . ‘/includes/widgets.php’ );

// Jigoshop
    function mytheme_open_jigoshop_content_wrappers() { echo get_sidebar(); echo ‘<section class=”section”>’; }

function mytheme_close_jigoshop_content_wrappers() { echo ‘</section>’;}

function mytheme_prepare_jigoshop_wrappers()
    {
    remove_action( ‘jigoshop_before_main_content’, ‘jigoshop_output_content_wrapper’, 10 );
    remove_action( ‘jigoshop_after_main_content’, ‘jigoshop_output_content_wrapper_end’, 10);
    add_action( ‘jigoshop_before_main_content’, ‘mytheme_open_jigoshop_content_wrappers’, 10 );
    add_action( ‘jigoshop_after_main_content’, ‘mytheme_close_jigoshop_content_wrappers’, 10 );
    }
    add_action( ‘wp_head’, ‘mytheme_prepare_jigoshop_wrappers’ );

remove_action( ‘jigoshop_sidebar’, ‘jigoshop_get_sidebar’, 10);

?>

Casey
    Participant

philofauna,
    Sorry about that! You’ll want to paste it directly below this line of code, but above the ‘?>’ PHP closing tag:

remove_action( ‘jigoshop_sidebar’, ‘jigoshop_get_sidebar’, 10);

Give that a try and let me know if it works this time. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

philofauna
    Participant

Huh, that’s where I put it before. And I just tried it again and it did the white screen of death thing again. I put the code on the very next line from the line of code you highlighted and the closing tag was on the line immediately following the inserted code. Is there something I’m not doing correctly? Is this my only way of adding text above the login? Is there a way I could at least embed a jpeg image of text to let people know? Thanks!

Casey
    Participant

philofauna,
    Can you share your entire functions.php using a site like pastebin.com, so I can investigate further? Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

philofauna
    Participant

Hi Casey,

Sorry for the delayed response. You can see my Theme Functions PHP file here: http://pastebin.com/g6NamtrB.

Thanks!
    Jessica

Casey
    Participant

Jessica,
    Thanks for getting back in touch. I modified your file and added the snippet to the top to see if that resolves the issue: http://pastebin.com/bNddMFAw

Give that a try and let me know if you’re still having problems. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

Casey
    Participant

I just wanted to follow up and see if you’re all set here or if you still have further questions. Just let me know if you have further questions or if I should go ahead and close out this thread. Thanks! 🙂

-Casey-

philofauna
    Participant

Hi Casey,

Sorry for the delayed response! I have been traveling without time to work on code and just now was able to give this a try. It worked! Thank you so much.

Kind regards,
    Jessica

Casey
    Participant

Great! Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it looks like you’re all set, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://m.tri.be/lo

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • The topic ‘Intro Text for Community Events Login’ is closed to new replies.