Internal Server Error

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Internal Server Error

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Christian Thomson
    Participant

Hello Support team,

Our client, Valley First Aid Training, is having an Internal Server Error issue with the website. Their customers were purchasing courses through Woocommerce + Event Tickets, and then getting Internal Server Error:

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

I then went and updated all plugins: Woocommerce, Event Tickets, The Events Calendar and Woocommerce Moneris Gateway. I thought that would solve the problem, but the client got back to me immediately with new Internal Server Errors. Please see her message below:

Hello Cintia,

Thank you for taking the time to look into this so quickly I know you are taking care of some personal things on your end, I hope everything is ok.

I am doing the multiple refunds and we have found that the WooCommerce is timing me out almost immediately, needing to re log in too often.

Once I got to the second refund I got the “Internal Server Error” again but was able to X out and log back in and I was able to complete all the refunds

I went back to WooCommerce to confirm their registrations and I am getting this response below so I am not able to do so.

Internal Server Error
    The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.
    Please contact the server administrator and inform them of the time the error occurred, and the actions you performed just before this error.
    More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Thank you and please let me know what I can do.

Chrissy

Could you please help figure out what is causing the Internal Server Errors?
    Thanks!
    Cintia

George
    Participant

I’m sorry to hear about this, Cintia!

Can you clarify the following details:

1. When did these issues start happening, specifically? Was everything totally fine for a lone time, then you just updated the plugins recently and then the issues started happening?

2. How are you hosting your website, specifically? Are you using a web host like GoDaddy, MediaTemplate, BlueHost, DreamHost, etc.? If so, which web host specifically?

3. A server log is mentioned in the messages you posted — do you have access to this server log? If so, can you copy and paste the full contents of the server log into a Gist at http://gist.github.com and then share a link to that Gist here in your response?

↑ The information these questions will hopefully surface will help us try and isolate the cause of the problems.

Thank you!
    George

Christian Thomson
    Participant

Hi George,

Thanks for the quick reply!

So, the answer to your questions:

1. When did these issues start happening, specifically? Was everything
    totally fine for a lone time, then you just updated the plugins recently
    and then the issues started happening?
    *It was fine since ever. The issues started happening recently, maybe a day
    or so ago. Even before I updated the plugins. The client reached out
    yesterday with the issue, and I thought that by updating everything it
    would solve things, but it seems to have made things kind of worse?*

2. How are you hosting your website, specifically? Are you using a web host
    like GoDaddy, MediaTemplate, BlueHost, DreamHost, etc.? If so, which web
    host specifically?
    *We are hosting the website with GoDaddy.*

3. A server log is mentioned in the messages you posted — do you have
    access to this server log? If so, can you copy and paste the full contents
    of the server log into a Gist at http://gist.github.com and then share a
    link to that Gist here in your response?

*We are hosting the website with GoDaddy, but at the moment I have no
    access to the GoDaddy cPanel to get access to a log. I still was able to
    access the website files via FTP, and I found one log file, for Woocomerce
    Moneris Gateway. The log is in the
    Gist: https://gist.github.com/MarwickWebsite/51338a6e813b26ebdf729fede1d1e922

*Thank you so much! Looking forward to hearing from you.*
    *Cintia*

*Cintia Stela*
    *Graphic & Web Designer*

*Marwick Internet Marketing*
    *Call:* 604 614 0174
    *Web:* MarwickMarketing.com

[image: http://marwickmarketing.com]

Marwick Internet Marketing is an accredited Google Partner Agency
    registered in BC, Canada. It is our mission to be at the forefront of
    digital marketing trends. To be the trusted partner for small to medium
    business owners in the world of digital marketing. It is our duty to
    provide exceptional customer service, positive ROI for marketing budgets
    and transparent reporting.

—————————————————————————————————————

George
    Participant

Thank you for this information!

I took a look at the logs you posted but unfortunately have not thus far been able to conclude anything from that information.

You mention hosting with GoDaddy—given the nature of this server error at this point, I would encourage you to open (or have your client open) a support ticket with GoDaddy about these errors. They may be able to help identify a specific culprit for these problems.

In the meantime I am going to see if any developers on our team would be able to assist me on this issue.

I’m sorry for not having a specific answer at this time — stay tuned to this thread for updates about these issues!

Sincerely,
    George

Christian Thomson
    Participant

Thank you, George. I’ll stay tuned for updates.

George
    Participant

Christian Thomson
    Participant

I’m staying tuned, and also trying to get access to GoDaddy so I can open a support ticket there as well. Thanks!

George
    Participant

Thanks, @marwickmarketing. If you manage to hear from GoDaddy at all about this, keep us posted!

— George

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Internal Server Error’ is closed to new replies.