Internal Server Error on Activation

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Internal Server Error on Activation

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Josiah
    Participant

Am experiencing an Internal Server error (front end only) when activating the core plugin. Web host is Verio.

How best to debug this issue?
    When activating does the plugin make any changes to the htaccess file?

The backend / admin continues to work after activation, but the front end shows an ISE. Site reverts once plugin is deactivated.

George
    Participant

Sorry to here this Josiah!

Do any errors pop up on your site if you head to your site’s wp-config.php file and change this line of code:

define('WP_DEBUG', false);

to this:

define('WP_DEBUG', true);

That will display PHP errors if any exist, which might be quite useful here.

So make this change to that file, then try activating The Events Calendar again. If any errors do pop up, please copy the full text of the errors and paste it here.

Thanks!
    George

Josiah
    Participant

This reply is private.

Josiah
    Participant

I *fixed* this by adding the code below to my wp-config.php file. The plugin activated and the front end worked. It also fixed another issue I was having with my theme.

define('WP_MEMORY_LIMIT', '256M');

The site was recently migrated to new hardware by Verio, so that would explain the change.

George
    Participant

Thanks for the update, @Josiah! Glad to hear that things are working better.

Best of luck with your project!
    — George

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Internal Server Error on Activation’ is closed to new replies.