Integration Questions

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Integration Questions

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    mshane
    Participant

Hey Guys –

A few quick questions about set up and options:

1) Required fields – we have some folks not submitting all the information required for us to add/approve events. People are lazy :(. So is there a way to make fields required?

2) Description text – Is there a way to add description text to field boxes to better clarify the input fields.

3) Add Field – we would like to capture the email of the individual submitting an event in case we need to follow up and gather more event information. Can we do this?

Thanks!

Matt

Jeremy
    Keymaster

Hi Matt,

Thanks for reaching out to us! I’d be happy to help you.

To answer your questions:

1. Yes, there’s a way to make fields required.
      You can specify event fields for requirement by using this filter: tribe_events_community_required_fields
      To make the Event URL field required for submission, for example, you could add the following snippet of code to your site:

add_filter( 'tribe_events_community_required_fields', 'my_community_required_fields', 10, 1 );

function my_community_required_fields( $fields ) {

if ( ! is_array( $fields ) ) {
              return $fields;
          }

$fields[] = 'EventURL';

return $fields;
      }

To see the full list of the default fields and learn more about how to modify the required fields, please have a look at this page on our Knowledgebase.

2. To add description text, you can modify the Community Events templates. Please follow these instructions to copy the template into your child theme, where you can then edit it. The templates you would like to modify can be found at wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/edit-event.php and wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/src/views/community/modules/.Once you’ve copied it over, you can add the text in wherever you’d like, and your new template will override the default one from the plugin.
    3. Yes, can can add any field by using the Additional Fields feature from Events Calendar PRO. Head to Events > Settings > Additional Fields Tab to create your extra fields.

I hope this helps.

Cheers,
    Jeremy

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Integration Questions’ is closed to new replies.