Integration of "Event Tickets" with PRO

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Integration of "Event Tickets" with PRO

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Donna Ryals

We have a license to Events Calendar Pro; we are considering using Event Tickets to allow prospective attendees to register for no-cost workshops. I noticed this caveat on the Event Tickets page: “Please note that at this time, Event Tickets will NOT support RSVP for recurring events. Please keep this in mind before making your purchase.”

Does this mean that 1) people cannot RSVP for multiple events at the same time with a single registration, or does this mean that 2) people cannot register for an event using the Event Tickets plugin if the event itself is a recurring event? It is not clear from the way it is worded above. If it is #2, we cannot use the plugin because many of our events are recurring. Please advise.

Thank you.

Geoff B.

Good evening Donna and welcome to the Events Calendar forum!

Thank you for your interest in our products.
    We’ll be glad to answer your questions.

Does this mean that 1) people cannot RSVP for multiple events at the same time with a single registration, or does this mean that 2) people cannot register for an event using the Event Tickets plugin if the event itself is a recurring event?

What that means is that the RSVP (or paid) tickets assigned to a recurring event act for the whole series.

In other words, each event of the recurring series does not get its own RSVP or ticket. It’s all one giant pool of ticket that applies to the whole series.

Please note that now that we have just rebuild our ticketing engine, we will work at making this a reality. Unfortunately, I cannot commit to a release date at this point. But stay tuned!

Another solution is to break the recurring event series into single events (not a great workaround, but that will work).

Let me know if that helps.

Have a great day!

Geoff B.

Bruce
    Participant

Hi Geoff – thanks for the response. This is actually the worst possible scenario. 🙁 We could (I suppose) create a recurrent event to speed up entry, but then go back and break them up, but it doesn’t make business sense to do it this way.

It seems intuitive that if I go to RSVP or register for an event, it should be just for that particular occurrence. Most people would not want to attend the same workshops or class over and over every Monday, for example. I really hope this can be resolved in a future release. We will look for other options for now.
    Thank you.

Geoff B.

Good evening Donna,

Thank you for taking the time to write back.

We are totally on the same page. This is far from ideal.

And yes, I was merely trying to offer a way to speed up event creation. On that topic, any custom post type duplicator also works, including: https://wordpress.org/plugins/duplicate-tec-event/

At this point in time the only workarounds we have involve some level of manual intervention unfortunately.

I wish I had a better answer for you, but for now it’s the best one I have unfortunately.

We will let you know the second this comes out.

Best regards,

Geoff B.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Integration of "Event Tickets" with PRO’ is closed to new replies.