Integrating Slideshow with The Events Calendar Pro

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Integrating Slideshow with The Events Calendar Pro

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Jason
    Participant

I need to display a slideshow on my site’s homepage that features several upcoming events, and I need this to be user-controllable once the site is handed off to the client.

I thought the Nivo Slider plugin would be a quick way to do this, but I’m having problems executing it because TEC doesn’t support Sticky posts, and none of TEC’s Categories display in the Nivo Slider menu. I realize this is mostly a problem with the Nivo Slider’s functionality, so I’m wondering if anyone knows of another way to implement a featured slideshow of TEC events.

Jonah
    Participant

Hey Jason,

There’s definitely ways to build a featured slider using our plugin – you would just need to query the ‘tribe_events’ post type and if you wanted to be able to specify certain events to be included I would recommend setting up a custom field checkbox using: http://www.advancedcustomfields.com/

To add sticky support you could also try this: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/sticky-custom-post-types/

I hope that helps!

– Jonah

Jason
    Participant

Hi Jonah,

The slider plugin I was using isn’t compatible with the solutions you suggested, so I’m proceeding with a query of the ‘tribe_events’ post type.

Thanks for your help,

Jason

Jonah
    Participant

No problem Jason, let us know if there’s anything else you need.

– Jonah

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Integrating Slideshow with The Events Calendar Pro’ is closed to new replies.