Integrating meetup events into calendar

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Integrating meetup events into calendar

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Richard Harvey

I am working with two different even promotion modalities, EventBrite and Meetup. I want one plugin for events from both places that will integrate them into my Events Calendar. Can you please let me know what works, what can handle both sources and keep me informed about ticket sales/availability. I tried clicking on the suggested links when I entered the topic and the system kept telling me I needed to enter a topic, which I already had in there. Thanks for your instructions. Also, how will you support me if I need help with Events Calendar? I want to be able to access resources pretty quickly when I need help. Thank you.

Nico

Hi Richard,

Thanks for reaching out to us and for your interest in our plugins!

Can you please let me know what works, what can handle both sources and keep me informed about ticket sales/availability

For EventBrite events we have a specific plugin that handles that → https://theeventscalendar.com/product/wordpress-eventbrite-tickets/ – Be sure to check out the product page and to take a look at the video demo in there. Regarding MeetUp, we are about to release a new plugin called Event Aggregator that will handle MeetUp, iCal, Facebook and Google Calendar imports take a look → https://theeventscalendar.com/wordpress-event-aggregator/ . This last plugin is not out yeat, but will be in less than a month time, you can also subscribe to get information about the beta release of the plugin.

I tried clicking on the suggested links when I entered the topic and the system kept telling me I needed to enter a topic, which I already had in there.

I’m not sure about what you mean. Did you have a previously created thread and you cannot access it to reply?

Also, how will you support me if I need help with Events Calendar? I want to be able to access resources pretty quickly when I need help.

All support for license holders is provided via the premium forums. You can read about our support policy here → What support is provided for license holders?

Please let me know if the above answers your questions,
    Best,
    Nico

Richard Harvey

Hi Nico,

The problem with Ticket Sales Plus is it doesn’t provide for situations where Meetup events are driving the sales. I like the idea of selling tickets I can generate on my own, especially if I’m selling five or ten packs of tickets without losing % 7 on feels . I also want to let people who look at my calendar to know at least that the initial way in is A Meetup or through Eventbrite when it is. So, will there be a way on the calendar to tell people where they can buy tickets with a link to the Meetup or Eventbrite URL. Your aggregate plugin is a month away and you didn’t mention Meetup being one of the systems it works with. Information about my meetups needs to be on the calendar if that’s how people will have to get tickets for Meetups. So, is there a place, like in a FB product page, that can say “Buy Tickets” and allows me to include a URL? This Meetup and Eventbrite information will also be very important for me in terms of tracking my customer contact info.

Nico

Thanks for following up Richard!

The problem with Ticket Sales Plus is it doesn’t provide for situations where Meetup events are driving the sales.

Sure, I guess it depends on each project business model. At least you now know it’s possible to sell your own tickets directly 😉

Your aggregate plugin is a month away and you didn’t mention Meetup being one of the systems it works with.

Sorry if I missed it but it cover Meetup events as well!

I also want to let people who look at my calendar to know at least that the initial way in is A Meetup or through Eventbrite when it is. So, will there be a way on the calendar to tell people where they can buy tickets with a link to the Meetup or Eventbrite URL.

When you create a new import, you can assign a category to the imported events. You can have a Meetup and a EventBrite category so the event source is easily recognized.

So, is there a place, like in a FB product page, that can say “Buy Tickets” and allows me to include a URL? This Meetup and Eventbrite information will also be very important for me in terms of tracking my customer contact info.

In the case of EventBrite tickets the tickets form will be shown in the event, so folks will be able to select tickets from the event page itself. You can replace this with a ‘Buy Tickets’ link if you prefer, some custom code will be needed for that but that’s something we can help you with in our premium forums. The same goes for Meetup imported events, you can show the buy tickets button with a simple snippet that generate a ‘Buy Tickets’ button linking to the Meetup event URL.

Please let me know about if you still have any questions,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Integrating meetup events into calendar’ is closed to new replies.