Integrating into navigation

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Integrating into navigation

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Nathan

What’s the best way to integrate your calendars and event lists into my existing navigation and pages? I have pages two or three levels of navigation deep where I need to place calendars or lists of events. I could setup auto forwards, but when the visitor arrives at the your plugin’s event page the navigation on left isn’t there. If I could use short codes, I could just add them to a page I create, but I understand you don’t use these, so what’s the best way to accomplish this?

Cheers,
    Nathan

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Nathan, the main event page showing the list and calendar should always be at the URL with slug you specified in the Settings > The Events Calendar page. To integrate this into your navigation you just need to create a custom link to this page (i.e. “/your-eventpage-slug”). As for integrating into your pages, the main event page is automatically created and will not show up as a regular WordPress page but can use your regular page.php template (used to display all your pages) or the template we provide with the plugin or any other custom page template that you have setup in your theme. This option can be set in Settings > The Events Calendar under “Events Template”.

Does that help?

Demitri
    Participant

I have a similar issue – I need to customize the page that the generated calendar is rendered into (I am changing the width of the container div as well as some header styles.

Ordinarily I could give a wordpress page a body class name and set up styles based on that – but there isn’t a “page” that i can find to do this.

My fallback would be to modify my custom functions php (I am using Thesis) to detect the calendar page and link to a stylesheet there, but again, I can’t find the name of the calendar page. I used if (is_page(‘Upcoming Events’) as well as if (is_page(‘events’) with no luck. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Demitri

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Demitri, since the events pages are virtual pages you will need to programmatically add body classes in Thesis for the different event pages. Something like this should help: https://gist.github.com/2127103

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Integrating into navigation’ is closed to new replies.