integrating event comments as bbpress forum topics

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events integrating event comments as bbpress forum topics

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    pewnet
    Participant

trying to use the plugin “bbpress topics for posts” to try and create a system where when a community event is created, the comments section of the event post is automatically replaced by a bbpress forum. the plugin seems to work fine with other all post types i’ve tested [albeit not automatically], but not with the events calendar.

i can get the “topics for posts” plugin to create the forum topic from the event, but the settings for it in the event creation in wpadmin seem to reset when updating the event post and no matter which option i choose to replace the comments system, nothing happens on the events page [it just displays the default comments system] and it only syncs comments one way.

i don’t expect you to support every plugin on wordpress out of the box, but i was wondering if there is a difference in how the events calendar plugin handles comments compared to the default wordpress post. it would really help narrow my search if i have to figure out a workaround.

WP 4.9.8 + Gantry 5 Helium Theme + Events Calendar Community Bundle (all up to date as of 9/26/18)

Brendan
    Keymaster

Hi there,

Thanks for emailing support.

Yes, the events are custom post types so comments, in general, are disabled. You would want to research how to enable comments on custom post types.

Thanks,
    Brendan

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘integrating event comments as bbpress forum topics’ is closed to new replies.