Integrating an "I'm attending" button into ECP

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Integrating an "I'm attending" button into ECP

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Carlos
    Participant

Anyone been able to pull this off? ECP, any chance you guys have this in the works?

C

Rob

That’s a solid idea. I haven’t heard of anyone doing this yet (community members may prove me wrong there), but I would suggest checking the Showcase thread to see if it shows you what you need: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/showcase-2-0/.

Out of curiosity, how would this work? Someone would visit it and hit the “RSVP” button, and their Facebook picture or Gravatar would show as an attendee? Let me know what you’re thinking or if you’ve got an example so I can share this with the team.

Marie
    Participant

In eventbrite, it allows you to do this feature. It also allows you to share to twitter or facebook for the individual post 🙂

Carlos
    Participant

Some great stuff in the showcase, but I didnt see anything along the lines of an attending list.
    It would work basically how you described it Rob. This plugin does a very basic attempt at it http://www.menian-lee.eu/wordpress/attending-users/. But I think something a bit more robust than this with gravatars and styling (actually thinking a sidebar widget would be the cleanest implementation) as part of ECP would have significant value…bridging the gap between an events site and a social site. As well it would service those events that don’t need a full blown integration with eventbrite or need to be run through Event Espresso (this is what I use to self-manage events). Any chance this is something you guys would take on?

Rob

Hey Carlos: thanks for the follow-up here. I can see the value in what you’re seeking, definitely. My guess is that a sidebar option would be best, too, but I can see – if we structured it right – something below the event listing but above the comments.

Marie: that is awesome to hear…I was not aware, but maybe that means we can find a way to eventually work it into our Eventbrite Tickets add-on (currently in the works, hopefully out this week). It wouldn’t be in the first release but my guess it’d be quicker to integrate there than into PRO directly, at least at first.

Either way, thanks to both of you for the suggestions. This has been logged as a proposed feature in our projects system; no guarantees it’ll make the cut or when, but it is up for discussion as we finish finalizing 2.1 and I’m going to make the case based on what’s in this thread. Cheers!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Integrating an "I'm attending" button into ECP’ is closed to new replies.