integrate with backend custom mysql database

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions integrate with backend custom mysql database

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Advait C

Hi, What is the usual way that TECal users connect with a custom backend mysql database? I’m helping to build a website and I’m new to WordPress. We created a custom backend mysql database for our main data. I want to see the easiest way that TECal can read data from that database. Can TECal connect? Or does it require some custom php coding? Or is there some plugin that can make the connections without needing to code? Thanks,

Barry

Hi Advait C,

Essentially, if you’ve got WordPress up and running and it is already “talking” to your database (if it isn’t you’ll know – because WordPress simply won’t work without a valid database connection), then you need do nothing more.

The Events Calendar and all of our premium plugins talk to the database through WordPress itself, so no further database configuration is necessary after installing and activating them 🙂

I hope that answers your question but let me know if I can clarify anything else, here.

Advait

Thanks for the info, Kind Regards,

Barry

My pleasure 🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘integrate with backend custom mysql database’ is closed to new replies.