Integrate Social Media hype

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Integrate Social Media hype

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Matt
    Participant

I want users who register in my events to be able to share their activity in their Facebook feed. I’m looking for a plugin/add-on that works within the ECP that allows a user to share to their facebook friends they have registered in my event. Also, will the new WooTickets add-on provide this?

Thanks.

Nicholas

That’s a great idea, Matt!

Nick Froome

Rob

This is definitely a solid idea, Matt. While we don’t have anything specific in the works that will accomplish this – I could see value in finding a way to make it happen, either by tying into the existing Facebook Events add-on or working something into the core Events code.

WooTickets is still in early stages and we haven’t actually begun the dev end, but if it doesn’t make it into the initial release I’ll push to get it added into a subsequent one. (Though as that plugin still exists somewhat at a conceptual level, I’m not entirely sure what the launch feature set will be to begin with). Meanwhile, have you checked whether there are any third-party plugins out there that can accomplish this? If it were just something that picked up custom post types, it should be able to find our events…as they are indeed just custom post types.

Hope this helps and thanks again for the idea. If you have any others or if we can do anything else please let me know.

Matt
    Participant

I don’t know of any third party plugins that would do this with ECP. There are other event/registration calendar turnkey systems which provide the social media promotion solution, much like there are e-commerce solutions for storefronts. I can use Eventbrite and Shopify, but that’s two accounts a user needs when buying services from me.

WooTickets is a very attractive solution for companies selling product and events. Users will only need to have one account, which makes the user experience better. On the post purchase process, business owners can track an individual’s buying history with one account and not cross referencing two accounts.

Whether someone buys product or purchases a product, it would be great to allow the user to share their activity with their Facebook friends or Twitter followers.

Matt
    Participant

Here is a company that provides some interesting tools. I’m not too familiar with it. I don’t know if/how it can be integrated into ECP, WooTickets or e-commerce purchases.

http://janrain.com/

Rob

Thanks for the follow-up, Matt, and for sharing the link. From what I gather via checking out that Janrain website it looks like it may be broader than what anything in our plugin stable can integrate with.

I can definitely see the value in this social integration you speak of – we haven’t seen much demand for it specifically with regards to our plugins up until now, but there have been more and more requests for it so it’s likely that at some point we will include something along these lines. In the shorter-term, though, it seems like WooTickets – when that launches in the coming months – will be the best route to go.

On that same note…we’ll probably have the first round of WooTickets beta kicking off over the next month or so. Happy to save you a slot in the beta if you think you’d be available/interested in participating…let me know. Apologies I couldn’t offer up more in the short-term.

Matt
    Participant

Here’s another Facebook WordPress utility.
    http://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-facebook/

Rob

That one looks pretty sweet…thanks for the tip!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Integrate Social Media hype’ is closed to new replies.