integrate Organizer into Event List

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO integrate Organizer into Event List

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anne
    Participant

Hi Support Team,

How can I integrate the following points into the Event List (right side):

Organizer
    Email Adress
    registration deadline

best regards,

Anne

Rob

Hi there Anne! Thanks for reaching out and for using the plugin. While this isn’t something I personally can advise you on, it should be doable. (You may want to check out our recently-published themer’s guide at https://theeventscalendar.com/themers-guide-to-the-events-calendar/ to see if that helps). I’ve also asked Joyce, the newest member of our support team, to take a look and try to point you in the right direction when she hits the forums next. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience so far.

Joyce Grace

Hello Anne,
    I had a look at these files and really dug into it. Rob is right, this is something that will need to be discovered via the themer’s guide. I found out the file you are looking for is in The Events Calendar plugin folder, in wp-content/plugins, not the Events Calendar Pro folder. In there you will see a folder called “views” and this is what is controlling what shows up there.
    BUT (and this is a big “but”!) – if you make changes to this file, all those changes will be lost when it comes time to update the plugin (we release a new version every month). So you will need to follow the themer’s guide to get these files into your child theme folder, to protect any changes you make from future updates.

In short, it’s not a super easy thing to do, unfortunately, but I do feel for you. I see that the Events List is meant to act like a post excerpt, and it purposely not carrying all the info, because that can get really long, and the idea is that a user would click on the title to get the full details.

I did find out though, that you could add a registration deadline using the “Additional Fields” tab, in the Events Calendar Settings, which is under “Settings” in your WordPress dashboard. But it is a text field, so you’ll have to manually enter dates there.

I hope this helps, and I’m sorry there isn’t an easier way to do this!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘integrate Organizer into Event List’ is closed to new replies.