"Insufficient Stock" error on event with unlimited ticket stock

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus "Insufficient Stock" error on event with unlimited ticket stock

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    artstream8401
    Participant

Hello,

I have created multiple events with unlimited ticket stock using Easy Digital Downloads.

Out of six identical events, one has returned the error “Insufficient stock” when you try to purchase tickets. My quick fix is to delete the offending tickets and create new tickets. Sometimes this sticks and sometimes the same error returns.

FWIW, so far this has only happened on events that occur on Saturdays.

John

Andras
    Keymaster

Hello John,

Thanks for reaching out!

We have received reports of a similar bug. Do those tickets that produce the “insufficient stock” have shared capacity?

Could you share some screenshots with me on how those tickets are set up?

Do you have a URL where I could see this behavior?

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

artstream8401
    Participant

Hi Andras,

I managed to recreate the error at http://www.art-stream.org/event/must-love-music-wxyz-2018-03-17/

This page is password protected. The password is “ArtStream” (note capitalization).

Please see the screenshots attached.

The capacity is set to unlimited and 0. Usually what happens is that the event works for several days (selling tickets too), then starts to show the error.

Thanks,
    John

Andras
    Keymaster

John, thanks for sharing those screenshots, they are really helpful.

Indeed, this seems to be the bug we have on hand.

Until the fix arrives what you can try to do is set a very high independent capacity for the tickets. Then the error message shouldn’t appear. (Screenshot)

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll help you out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi John!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-27-may-2018/

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    <span style=”font-size: 0.875rem;”>Victor</span>

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘"Insufficient Stock" error on event with unlimited ticket stock’ is closed to new replies.