Instead of using the List widget could I create a taxonomy template

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Instead of using the List widget could I create a taxonomy template

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Brandon
    Participant

Hello,

Instead of using the list widget to display my events in a list format, I would rather create a taxonomy template and go from there. I have 1 Category that I would like to display in a List format, and I think either a Archive or Taxonomy template would be better suited for my needs.

Normally you can create a template to display a taxonomy using “taxonomy-$taxonomy” but I can’t get this to work. I think it’s because I’m not getting the correct taxonomy name from the events calendar.

Could you tell me what the taxonomy name for the Events Categories is or where I might find this in the code?

Nico

Hi there Brandon,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

The ‘Events Category’ taxonomy name is tribe_events_cat. It’s defined in the Main class of the core plugin (wp-content/plugins/the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/Main.php L 30).

Not sure what you are trying to achieve but please note that you can embed widgets via shortcode passing an events category parameter. Using a page as a placeholder for this might work. Also linking to the event category page works for some cases → http://sitename/events/category/cat-slug.

Please let me know if the above answers your question,
    Best,
    Nico

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Instead of using the List widget could I create a taxonomy template’ is closed to new replies.