Installed calendar – nothing happened

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Installed calendar – nothing happened

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Andrew Bacon
    Participant

The page the calendar is supposed to be on – it isn’t there. I’ve uninstalled and reinstalled, reverted to 2012 theme… the calendar simply doesn’t show up at all – WordPress doesn’t know that page is even supposed to exist.

Casey D

Hello andrewbacon,

Thanks for contacting us!

Here are a couple things that may help.

The Events Calendar Pro plugin is an addon plugin. Make sure the open source The Events Calendar plugin is installed and activated, along with the Pro one. (I assume you already knew this, but sometimes people don’t!)

The Events Calendar uses what we call ‘virtual pages’ to make the ‘events’ page. There is no physical page created in the DB, so you won’t see one listed in the WordPress Pages admin.

Make sure the page you are trying to view has its slug listed in the Event Settings > General tab. According to you link you should see ‘calendar’ there.

2014-05-30 at 4.01 PM

You may need to “flush permalinks,” by resaving your permalinks in the Settings > Permalinks admin page. This is especially true if you are seeing a 404 or just changed the page slug.

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Andrew Bacon
    Participant

Verified slug, flushed permalinks, nothing. The only reason I bought Pro was to get support… we’ve been trying to figure out why this is happening for the better part of two days.

Andrew Bacon
    Participant

Here’s where the calendar is supposed to be: http://markcwagner.northernpacificdigital.com/calendar

Casey D

Hello andrewbacon,

Can you please confirm that after executing these combined steps in order, the problem still exists?

1. Deactivate ALL plugins
    2. Change theme to Twentytwelve, Twentythirteen or Twentyfourteen
    3. Activate The Events Calendar and The Events Calendar Pro
    4. Save your permalinks in WP-Admin > Settings > Permalinks

Then click on the ‘Events’ button in the admin bar. Do you still get a 404?

2014-06-02 at 9.17 AM

If you still get a 404 on this normalized system, there is either a bug with our code or some other problem in your system.

If the calendar page appears, there was either a conflict with your theme or plugins or our plugin was activate improperly.

If the calendar page does come back, feel free to reactivate the other plugins and switch back to your theme. Be sure to check the ‘calendar’ page after each change though (refresh on second tab for expediency).

Does this make sense? Let me know if this doesn’t work for you.

Cheers!

– Casey Driscoll

Andrew Bacon
    Participant

OK, looks like it’s the theme. It was working earlier, so we must have changed something, but I thought we’d been pretty careful not to change the theme itself – we have a child theme, but the calendar it’s working with the parent either. What now?

Andrew Bacon
    Participant

Actually, this is taking way too long to fix, and I’m chewing up all the hours on my project. Please process a refund. I’ll use something else.

Casey D

Sorry this didn’t work out. If you email your original receipt to [email protected] we will be happy to process a refund.

Cheers,

– Casey Driscoll

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Installed calendar – nothing happened’ is closed to new replies.