Install Pro on Development Site

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Install Pro on Development Site

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Marnie
    Participant

I hold a license for a single install, and we are redesigning the site so need to install Pro on the development site. Do I need to change my license type or is there a way to accomplish this under our license? Thanks.

• This topic was modified 8 years, 4 months ago by Marnie.
    Josh
    Participant

Hey Marnie,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

You don’t need a new license to accomplish this. You can check out this article about working with dev environments. It isn’t the most graceful approach but it does work to be able to have the latest versions in each location.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Marnie
    Participant

Makes sense. Thanks for the help. I had actually searched Support for the topic but never got a matching result. I have installed the plugin on my new site, but it isn’t appearing as being installed. Do I need to delete the license key on my live site in order for the plugin to appear as an installed plugin on my development site?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Marnie,

No problem.

No, you don’t need to delete the key from the live site to have the files work on the development site. Once the plugin is installed and activated (even without the license key) it should work properly and with full functionality. The license key only gives you access to plugin updates and does not restrict functionality.

If you’re having trouble seeing on the dev site, try downloading a fresh version of the plugin from here and uploading and activating on your site (being sure to also have the core events calendar plugin from WordPress.org active on the site).

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Marnie
    Participant

That was the problem–I thought Pro was standalone from the core. I have installed the core calendar and all is working as it should. Thank you.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Marnie,

Awesome! Glad this is working for you now.

I’ll go ahead and close this thread for now. If you have any further questions, please don’t hesitate to open a new one.

Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Install Pro on Development Site’ is closed to new replies.