Individual ticket capacity does not match total shared capacity

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Individual ticket capacity does not match total shared capacity

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    evolutionstartup
    Participant

Hi,

my client has different types of tickets for the same event, but they are all linked to the same shared capacity (its a venue and the total shared capacity makes sure that people dont buy more tickets then there are seats available). But, after customers buy some tickets, the individual capacity for each ticket type is different.

I have 2 ticket types:
    – Ticket A (shared capacity 100)
    – Ticket B (shared capacity 100)

But after customers bought 5 tickets A, the individual capacity (WC stock) is like this:
    – Ticket A (95 available tickets – CORRECT)
    – Ticket B (100 available tickets – INCORRECT)

And also, when there is a canceled order or failed payment, the WC stock gets reduced anyway (even when the ticket was not sold).

Continuing with the example above, we have now:
    – Ticket A (5 successful purchases)
    – Ticket A (2 failed purchases)

Then Ticket A availability should be 85, but it is 83.

Thanks for your help.

PS: In the image I shared with you, the availability for each ticket should be 65, since the shared capacity is 80 and we successfully sold 15 tickets so far.

Lubo

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Lubo!

Thanks for getting in touch with us. Let me help you with this topic.

Could you please go to the edit event page, click “Settings” in the ticket editor and send us a screenshot of it?

Also, please share a link to event you are having the issue with.

And also, when there is a canceled order or failed payment, the WC stock gets reduced anyway

This is the default behaviour from WooCommerce, let me point you to the following article that explains how to handle refunded or cancelled tickets > https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/refund-cancel-tickets-order/

Additionally, please enable WP_DEBUG and WP_DEBUG_LOG. This will create a debug.log file inside the /wp-content directory.

After that, wait for a new ticket to be bought so, so that in case there is an error, it will be saved into the debug.log file. Please share that log file with us so we can see if any problem from there.

Let us know about that.

Thanks,
    Victor

evolutionstartup
    Participant

Hi Victor,

thanks for your reply.

I have found a skript online which should automaticaly increase the stock after an order has been marked cancelled, so let me try that first. If that fails, I will do what you suggested.

I will keep you posted.

Thanks.

Lubo

PS: I am sending you a screenshot for another event, since the previous one has past already.

evolutionstartup
    Participant

Hey Victor,

the skript mentioned above didnt work.

But we have also noticed another issue. When someone goes to order some tickets but their payment fails, they can still download the pdf tickets from the event’s page. Why is it? They should not have access to the tickets unless they paid for them successfully.

Thanks.

Lubo

evolutionstartup
    Participant

Hi once again,

I have also tried disabling the WooCommerce setting to hold the stock for X minutes, which a few people online suggested, but that did not help either. The ticket stock still gets reduced after failed payment.

I will send you the debug log in another, private reply.

Thx.

Lubo

evolutionstartup
    Participant

This reply is private.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Lubo!

Thanks for keeping me posted about your findings.

I’m sorry to hear the snippet you found didn’t work for you.

As for the PDF ticket link, unfortunately this is a known issue for the PDF tickets extension, where it will always show up regardless of the order status. I will set this thread as “Pending Fix” and link it to the report, this way we’ll notify you once we release a new update of the PDF tickets extension with a fix for this.

For the “Hold Stock” setting, disabling it will not prevent the stock from being reduced. Instead, it will prevent the order from being auto-cancelled after a set amount of minutes. WooCommerce always reduces the stock in each order to prevent over sells.

I tried to reproduce the stock difference you are experiencing but I’m not able to. Could you please send us a screenshot of the edit ticket box when editing the second ticket?

Also, please click on the “Settings” button for the tickets and send us a screenshot of those settings. I will try to run a few more tests and see what I can find.

In the meantime, please update to the latest version of Event Tickets 4.6.3 and see if any changes. Remember you can always get the latest versions of our plugins from your downloads page > https://theeventscalendar.com/my-account/downloads/.

We always suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can test things out and make all plugins, theme and WordPress core updates without disrupting the live site.

Thanks,
    Victor

Cliff

Hi. We published an update to PDF Tickets at https://theeventscalendar.com/extensions/pdf-tickets/

Version 1.1.0 includes the logic to determine whether or not a link to “PDF Ticket” should be displayed for each attendee.

See the changelog, update to Version 1.1.0, and let us know how it works for you.

Thanks for contributing by sharing your feedback!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • The topic ‘Individual ticket capacity does not match total shared capacity’ is closed to new replies.