Individual module overrides not working

Home Forums Calendar Products Community Events Individual module overrides not working

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Tony
    Participant

I have created a number of override templates and placed them in:

[my-theme]/tribe-events/community/modules/

e.g.

[my-theme]/tribe-events/community/modules/image.php

However, the Community Event Plugin is ignoring them. It shows the default template part from the plugin folder rather than my theme folder.

Any idea what’s going on?

Do I need to change ” tribe_get_template_part(‘modules/image’)” in [my-theme]/tribe-events/communityedit-event.php to something else?

Casey
    Participant

Trumpeter,
    Sorry to hear you’re having problems, but hopefully I can help you out! Is your theme a child theme? If so, then you’ll need to place the template overrides in the parent theme for them to be active. If that’s the case, then give it a shot and let me know if that does the trick. Otherwise, let me know and we can continue to investigate.

Thanks!

Tony
    Participant

HI Casey,
    No it’s not a child theme, it’s a parent theme. The modules folder is being ignored since I upgraded to 3.3.

Casey
    Participant

Tony,
    It looks like you might have some outdated template files in your theme. You can either update all of your ‘tribe_get_template_part’ references to include the ‘community’ folder like this:

<?php tribe_get_template_part( 'community/modules/taxonomy' ); ?>

Or you can re-copy all of the template files from ‘/wp-content/themes/plugins/the-events-calendar-community-events/views/’ back to your theme. NOTE: if you re-copy the template files, they will overwrite any changes you’ve previously made in your theme’s copies.

Give either of those options a try and let me know if that does the trick!

Tony
    Participant

Great, that fixed it. Thanks.

Casey
    Participant

Thanks for confirming that this got you sorted. Since it sounds like this did the trick, I’m going to mark this thread “Answered” and close it out.

By the way, if you have a minute or two, we would love it if you’d write a few words for us here: http://wordpress.org/support/view/plugin-reviews/the-events-calendar?filter=5

Thanks in advance. 🙂

Cheers,
    Casey

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Individual module overrides not working’ is closed to new replies.