Incredibly slow upload and constant error messages

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Incredibly slow upload and constant error messages

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Amanda Richter
    Participant

It is taking me around 30 minutes to upload one simple event, and most times the upload is unsuccessful returning with one of the following error messages:

Error in establishing database connection.

Inactivity Timeout.

My internet connection has been tested, and I have purchased a brand new laptop so I am certain the problem is not my end. I am about to hire someone to handle my events page for me, and I cannot do so with these problems. Please advise asap.

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Amanda!

Thanks for getting in touch with us!

I’m sorry to hear you are having that issue. Let me help you with it.

Besides creating a new event, do you notice a slow down in performance in any other parts of your site? If you create a post or page, do you also experience the slow down?

I’ve just visited your site and it looks like you are dealing with a performance issue.

We have a great article that will get you started on Performance Considerations you should know about. After that, if you decide to implement a caching system then you can move to these articles: Caching: What, when and how and Caching month view HTML in transients

Finally, there is a good article George put up here that groups a set of developer plugins. It’s a bit more technical than the others but will definitely be of help if you are into development.

I would also suggest you get in touch with your hosting provider to see if they can give you some insight about this problem.

I hope that helps. Let me know how it goes.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Incredibly slow upload and constant error messages’ is closed to new replies.