Increase import limits

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Increase import limits

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    Rob Strickland
    Participant

Hello, I have found that the 3 month limitation is a hinderance to my needs. I understand importing ony 3 moths events is ideal for huge volume sites and calendars. But for calendars that have maybe 100 – 200 events all year we want to show them all of the entire year rather than have a poor user experience where it looks like no events exist 3+ moths out.
    As an example, say it’s July and you’re looking for Christmas events… there will not be any to view since 24 December is 3+ moths out from hypothetical date 24 July.

Thank you in advance for your help.

Example URL is: http://ovpp.robstrickland.net/events/ and in this example you cannot see the event on 18 January which is a huge tourism draw.
    Source URL: https://gunnisoncrestedbutte.com/events/

Patricia

Hey Rob,

Thank you for reaching out to us!

Could you please access your Dashboard and head over to Events > Settings > Imports > Global Import Settings and change your import limit type to “Do not limit”? This way you will be able to achieve what you want.

I hope this helps! If you have any other questions at all please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Rob Strickland
    Participant

Thank you Patricia,
    I have this default setting to not limit, however under other url imports there is a setting that doesn’t include do not set as an option… screenshots attached.
    What can I do with this in mind?
    Regards,
    Rob

Patricia

Hi Rob,

The other URL import option won’t allow you to set the import limit type to “do not limit” because it would interfere in other website’s performance.

If the website from where you are importing these events is hosted in a low resource host and you hammer them with too many requests, it could cause a connection timeout or cause performance issues for their regular visitors: that’s why the limit in this case is 3 months.

Unfortunately there’s no workaround available at this time, I’m sorry about that!

If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Rob Strickland
    Participant

Thank you for the thoughtful reply. Your explanation is very helpful too. Thanks for that.

Do you think I could do a manual import seasonally (2 or 3 times a year) and then run the URL import to update changes or additions for teh future 3 months?
    IF so, which import settings do I select?

Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source.
    Do not re-import events. Changes made locally will be preserved.
    Import events but preserve local changes to event fields.

Sally Richardson
    Participant

This reply is private.

Sally Richardson
    Participant

This reply is private.

Patricia

Hey Sally,

Thanks for sharing this custom code here! It is still valid and working as expected.

Rob, could you please add the code that Sally mentioned to your theme’s functions.php file (or create your own custom plugin), change the Import Date Range to One Year and let me know if everything is working as expected after that?

I’m sorry I didn’t offer you this solution before and I hope this helps! If you have any other questions, please feel free to let me know and I’d be happy to help as best I can!

Cheers,

Patricia

Patricia

One more thing I forgot to mention: bear in mind that my initial reply regarding the other site’s performance and restrictions is still valid: If the website from where you are importing these events is hosted in a low resource host and you hammer them with too many requests, it could cause a connection timeout or cause performance issues for their regular visitors. Also, it is possible that the site owner has added restrictions to better protect themselves, so it is not 100% guaranteed that the site from where you are importing these events will honor your request.

Thanks!

Patricia

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Increase import limits’ is closed to new replies.