Incorrect time for recurring events (add more events)

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Incorrect time for recurring events (add more events)

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    yvrmark
    Participant

If I create a weekly recurring event with start/end time (8pm-10pm) until x date and then “add more events” for another weekly recurring with a different time (2pm-4pm) with the same end date, the system is returning an entry for 2pm-4pm for the first date of the series (which should only be 8pm-10pm). The only way to get rid of this is to delete the single entry from the series.

This has only started happening since the latest update. Everything was working fine before.

Andras
    Keymaster

Hi yvrmark,

Thanks for reaching out!

Sorry to hear about this issue.

Could you share with me a screenshot of the recurrence rules you have set up so I can try to recreate?

Thanks,
    Andras

yvrmark
    Participant

Hi, attached is one recent series I entered. When I check on the front end there were also entries on the first day for every other time. So for example, at one point the time changes (or has additional) from 8:00pm to 1:30pm or 2:00pm or 7:30pm depending on the day of the week. On the first entry of the series all four times are showing. I had to remove the wrong times manually. I have not gone back to see if this problem persists beyond the first day of the event.

Andras
    Keymaster

Thanks for sharing that! That made it much easier.

I managed to recreate this and can confirm this is a bug. I already ticketed it so our devs will take a look.

I am going to set the status of this ticket to “pending fix” and we will update it once the fix is released.

If you have any new questions or issues please create a new ticket and we’ll help you out.

Thanks and cheers,
    Andras

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi There!

Just wanted to share with you that a new release of our plugins is out, including a fix for this issue 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-for-the-week-of-30-september-2018/

Please bear in mind that if you currently have recurring events with this problem, you will need to re-save them after this update so that the series regenerates correctly.

We apologize for the delay and appreciate your patience while we worked on this.

As always, we suggest to setup a dev/staging site so you can make all plugin updates without disrupting the live site.

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Incorrect time for recurring events (add more events)’ is closed to new replies.