Incorrect quantities being shown for sold/available on main list of events

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Incorrect quantities being shown for sold/available on main list of events

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Carole Langman
    Participant

Hi,

We have been experiencing an ongoing issue on the backend of our website, where the main events list is showing incorrect totals for sold and stock. It’s happening so often that we can’t trust these figures anymore. We’ll attach screenshots of a couple of examples in a private reply.

In the first example the event is shown as 2 sold and 6 in stock on the event list overview page, but if we view the attendees list for this event we see that there are 4 tickets sold (rather than 2), although 3 of them are the same person with the same order number.

The second example is shown as 6 sold and 1 in stock on the overview page. However, the attendees list for this page shows 7 people. There is a note saying 1 attendee has been deleted but we don’t know which one this is. We’re also seeing that the ‘Details’ section of the majority of these attendees is blank – presumably this means they didn’t fill in the extra details we asked for?

It seems to us that there’s an issue somewhere with the ticket quantities not being updated when tickets are moved or deleted. We would appreciate some assistance or guidance please.

Cheers,

Chris

Carole Langman
    Participant

This reply is private.

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Carole,

I’m sorry to hear you’re running into issues with the ticket stock!

First, I do want to mention that the stock needs to be adjusted manually when you move a ticket…with either of these two events, did you delete or move any tickets to/from those events?

Regarding the Details section, it does look like the users did not provide information you asked for. Were the fields set to “required”? If so, then users should not be able to add the ticket to their cart without filling them out. Could you please send me a screenshot of the edit screen for the ticket on the Nov. 18th event that you linked to (with the sections expanded) so that I can take a look at the settings? If you’re running into the same problem with any upcoming events, could you please send me a link to one of those events as well so that I can take a look at the ticket form on the front end?

Thanks,

Jennifer

Carole Langman
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

Thanks for getting back to me.

Ah, I didn’t realise that the quantity had to be updated manually when you move people around between events. I’m new to the team here so I’m not 100% sure whether people were moved around for this particular ticket, but I know they are moved very frequently so it’s probably safe to assume that’s what’s happened here.

No problem, I’ll make sure our team make the manual update part of the process when moving people in the future. Out of interest, is this ever likely to become an automatic process in future versions of the plugin?

With the second issue, the saved set of fields are set to be mandatory, but looking at this event it looks like whoever set it up didn’t make them part of the ticket which explains why no-one has provided them (the 1 person who did provide this information was probably moved from another ticket where these fields were added).

Thanks very much for your help. If we encounter any issues involving quantity in the future then I’ll come back on this ticket as requested.

Cheers,

Chris

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hi Carole,

There are not plans at the moment to automatically change the ticket stock when tickets are moved, as there are certain cases where users may want to handle the stock differently when moving tickets or attendees. However, I can see how having the option to do so could be helpful! I’d recommend posting this as a feature request in our Feature Ideas Forum, which is what we use to gauge user interest in new features and help guide future development efforts.

If you notice any other problems with the stock or have any problems adjusting it manually, please do let us know!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Incorrect quantities being shown for sold/available on main list of events’ is closed to new replies.