Incorrect Phone Number Imported

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Incorrect Phone Number Imported

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

I’m testing the events plugin for a client at mrwweb.com/clients/awc.
    On my first test import, I see that the Phone field for the event (http://mrwweb.com/clients/awc/event/transforming-communities-one-communication-student-at-a-time/) is wrong. Looking at the Facebook event (https://www.facebook.com/events/244190215675808/) the incorrect phone number (134085065622) seems to be the Facebook page’s hovercard id (search the source).
    Is this a known issue? Is there a fix? The page of the organization lists a phone number but it’s not listed on the specific event I imported. I plan on importing a large number of events automatically, so I hope it goes without saying that I can’t be importing the wrong phone number!
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi there,

Not sure why this is happening but I was able to reproduce on my end as well and I see the hovercard id as you mentioned. I’m going to need to have a developer take a look at this to say more. Please stay tuned.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Well, glad it’s not just me. Looking forward to a resolution soon!

Jonah
    Participant

Hi again,

I just wanted to follow up and let you know our developer who works on the FB plugin is out until Monday and I will do my best to make sure he takes a look then.

Sorry for any further delay and inconvenience this may have caused. We’ll get it to as soon as we can.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Jonah
    Participant

Hi there,

Just wanted to give you another update.

I’ve been discussing with our lead developer for this plugin, and it came to light that in the recent weeks we’ve noticed various compatibility issues with the recent changes in the Facebook API and other minor bug fixes we’d like to address.

This process involved in depth inspection of our code, and resolving known issues previously patched with gists in the forum. We are currently are in QA mode and are planning to release a new version shortly. Items this new version will address include, but are not limited to: images failing to import, failing to remove http timeouts, organizer data mismatch, and timezone discrepancies.

As soon as we release the new version, I’ll post back here but you will also see the upgrade notification within the WordPress administration. Also, feel free to update away when it’s ready.

If you have any questions, please let me know.

Thanks,
    Jonah

Thanks, Jonah. Can I assume then that the API compatibility fixes will resolve this specific phone number issue? I imagine it will, but just want to confirm.

Jonah
    Participant

Yep, that is one of the planned fixes!

Hi Jonah,
    We’re trying to decide whether to deploy your plugin on our public site with the buggy current version or whether it’s worth waiting for the new version.
    Can you give me a sense of the expected release date of the new version of the FB events plugin?
    Thanks!

Jonah
    Participant

Unfortunately not. It should be soon though…

Jonah
    Participant

Hi there (and anyone else here having the same issue),

We’ve just released version 1.0.5 of our Facebook Import plugin that addresses this issue as well a number of others. Please update the plugin, test things out and report back here if you are still experiencing issues.

Regards,
    Jonah

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • The topic ‘Incorrect Phone Number Imported’ is closed to new replies.