Incomplete Sale on Event Ticket Plugin Reserving Seat

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Incomplete Sale on Event Ticket Plugin Reserving Seat

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Yolanda
    Participant

Hi, I have the Tickets plugin for WP-Ecommerce, and when someone leaves an item in their cart and doesn’t purchase it, it shows up as an incomplete sale on my dashboard, which is fine and I know is part of the WP-Ecommerce functionality, except that the Event itself automatically reserves a seat unless I manually delete the incomplete sale. Is there something I can change in the code so that it does not reserve a seat until the sale is complete?

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Yolanda,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

Our ticketing plugins rely completely on the shopping cart of choice for all of this type of functionality. In this case, the issue you’re describing is based on a WP eCommerce feature that is beyond our control within our ticketing plugin. I took a look through the settings for WP eCommerce and didn’t see anything off hand that would allow you to turn off this feature.

The best thing to do would be to reach out to WP eCommerce in their support for an approach to disabling the “abandoned cart” feature.

Let me know if this helps.

Thanks!

Yolanda
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Thanks for the reply! It’s not the Incomplete Sale that’s the problem, or anything with the shopping cart, it’s that the ticketing plugin reserves a seat when there’s an Incomplete Sale. Are you saying there isn’t any way for the plugin to distinguish if a sale has gone through or not? It seems like seats shouldn’t be reserved unless the payment is complete.

Any assistance you could provide would be appreciated!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Yolanda,

All of the inventory, cart, and order processing functionality for our Ticketing plugins is controlled by the ecommerce pluginĀ of choice. In your case, this is controlled by WP eCommerce. The best solution would be to reach out to the developers of WP eCommerce to find out if there is a way to remove this default functionality with the cart.

I’m sorry I wasn’t able to give you a direct response on this one but hopefully this will help to get you pointed in the right direction.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • The topic ‘Incomplete Sale on Event Ticket Plugin Reserving Seat’ is closed to new replies.