Incomplete Imports from .ics file

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Incomplete Imports from .ics file

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author
    Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

We have attempted several times to import events from an .ics file exported from Outlook 365. First we deleted all the events for September and October 2017 from the Events Calendar. Next we imported the .ics file. The events show properly when we click “Preview”. Next we selected 40 or less events to import from Preview. The problem is that each time, we see a message such as this: “2 new events were imported, 38 existing events were updated.” However the 38 events do not exist, and there is nothing to purge. So we only got 2 of the 40 events on the calendar.

Our events calendar and pro are up to date – versions 4.5.10.1 and 4.4.15.

Note – I posted this yesterday in the Events Calendar Pro forum – I assume I should have posted here.

Thanks for your help!

Patricia

Hey Marcy,

Thank you for reaching out to us! I’m very sorry about this issue you are experiecing, let me help you to solve it.

Can you please access your Dashboard, head over to Events and check if you have events in the “Ignored” tab?

If you have, please select all and delete them permanently.

When you move your events to trash, they are placed in this “Ignored” tab and if you try to import events that already exist in this “events trash”, they will only be updated and not recreated. I believe this might be part of the issue you are experiencing.

Also, as a side note, you can decide what happens to events on your site if they are re-imported by accessing your Dashboard and heading over to Events -> Settings -> Imports -> Event Update Authority.

You will find further information abou this settings in the following article:

https://theeventscalendar.com/knowledgebase/event-aggregator-import-settings/

I hope this helps! If you need further assistance on this, please let me know.

Regards,

Patricia

Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

I cleared the ignored events and attempted my import again. I checked off approximately 95 events, all of which said they imported as a new events. When I went to go view my calendar online, many of the events were not populated. For example September 18 & 19, nothing showed up. Another example is that almost every Saturday we have an event at 9:30am called Shabbat Services. It only showed up on September 2nd, and NOT on the 9th, 16th and 23rd.

I imported all of my events from an Outlook 365 .ics file.

Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Patricia

This reply is private.

Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

This reply is private.

Patricia

This reply is private.

Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

So I am still having an issue after all the updates. Is there a limit to how many events I can edit in one shot?

Note that I am ONLY checking off certain events…I am not importing all.

It will allow me to break it up into batches, but when i try to upload all of the ones I checked, it only allowed 144 events. It’s very bizarre and time consuming!

thoughts?? could there be a weird setting?

Patricia

Hi Marcy,

We don’t have a limit on how many events you can import from a single file. I’ve ran a test and imported 150 random events from SeptOctv5.ics and everything worked as expected: all events were successfully imported.

Please note that you have to select events one by one to achieve what you want. For instance: if a specific page is showing 25 events and you wish to import all of them, you can’t use the “select all entries” option, otherwise it will revert all of your previous one-by-one selections and only keep the 25 you just checked.

If the issue persists even after making sure that you selected your events one by one, can you please access your Dashboard, head over to Events > Settings > Imports > Event Update Authority and let me know what is the option you have selected there? The default option (which is also the same that I’m using here) is: “Overwrite my event with any changes from the original source”.

Thanks!

Patricia

Marcy Lyons Gohen
    Participant

so are you saying that I must literally click every box individually? Am I able to click the top box and use the shift key to select the last one so I can grab a whole group??

Patricia

Hi Marcy,

I believe this is a bug, I’ve escalated this issue to one of our developers.

We will contact you as soon as we have further information on this!

Let me know if you need anything else in the mean time.

Regards,

Patricia

Patricia

Hi Marcy,

This is just a quick follow up to let you know that we have now two internal bug reports opened to solve the following issues:

– If you select events from the first page and change to second page, the selection is lost. (This issue will be fixed in our next maintenance release).

– If you select a sequence of events (i.e. Click on first event and while holding the Shift key, select the last event you want), the number of selected rows corresponds to the first and last clicked events in the sequence, not all the events in the interval. This issue doesn’t have a date to be fixed yet, but I’m setting this ticket as pending fix so you will be contacted as soon as it is solved.

Let me know if you need anything else in the mean time and I’ll be happy to assist!

Best regards,

Patricia

Victor
    Keymaster

Hi Marcy!

Just wanted to share with you that a new maintenance release (for the Week of 18 September 2017) is out, including a fix for the issue where you couldn’t select events from different pages to import. 🙂

Find out more about this release → https://theeventscalendar.com/maintenance-release-week-18-september-2017/

Please update the plugins and let us know if the fix works for your site.

Best,
    Victor

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • The topic ‘Incomplete Imports from .ics file’ is closed to new replies.