Incompatibility with Code from AdServer

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Incompatibility with Code from AdServer

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Thomas
    Participant

Hello,
    I found out that the following code which comes from my AdServer (OpenX Ad Server 2.8.11) produces errors in The Events Calendar Pro:

l=='https:'?'https://ads.my-dmain.com/www/delivery/ajs.php':'http://ads.my-domain.com/www/delivery/ajs.php');
       var m3_r = Math.floor(Math.random()*99999999999);
       if (!document.MAX_used) document.MAX_used = ',';
       document.write ("<scr"+"ipt type='text/javascript' src='"+m3_u);
       document.write ("?zoneid=6&target=_blank&block=1&blockcampaign=1");
       document.write ('&cb=' + m3_r);
       if (document.MAX_used != ',') document.write ("&exclude=" + document.MAX_used);
       document.write (document.charset ? '&charset='+document.charset : (document.characterSet ? '&charset='+document.characterSet : ''));
       document.write ("&loc=" + escape(window.location));
       if (document.referrer) document.write ("&referer=" + escape(document.referrer));
       if (document.context) document.write ("&context=" + escape(document.context));
       if (document.mmm_fo) document.write ("&mmm_fo=1");
       document.write ("'><\/scr"+"ipt>");
    //]]>--></script>

– Filterbar Addon doesn’t hide or show up
    – In monthly view no calendar is displayed wehen you click
    – In listview a click on the next page link brings you always back to the first page
    – etc.
    Is there a known workaround for this or do I have to search for a new AdServer?

Geoff

Hello Thomas! Thanks for getting in touch and welcome to the forums. 🙂

Sorry for the issue here. Do you happen to have a live link where the issue is popping up? I’d be interested to see what error messages come up in the console when that script is in there.

It’s possible that we can identify what those errors are and have you take them to OpenX for more investigation. Otherwise, I’m guessing you will need to either exclude that script from event pages or find a different ad solution.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Thomas
    Participant

This reply is private.

Geoff

Thanks for the link, Thomas! That helps a lot.

The calendar seems to be working as I would expect when I checked it out. Is the OpenX snippet in there or have you removed it?

I’m not seeing any red flags right off the bat, but if you’re still seeing an issue with the ad snippet in there, then the OpenX team might be able to shed some light on what’s happening.

Cheers!
    Geoff

Thomas
    Participant

Hi Geoff,

I removed the OpenX from the calendar, now all works fine, thank you!
    Thomas

Geoff

Awesome, thanks for following up and letting me know!

I’ll go ahead and close this thread but please feel free to start a new one if anything else pops up and we’d be happy to help. 🙂

Cheers!
    Geoff

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Incompatibility with Code from AdServer’ is closed to new replies.