Include events search bar on the homepage

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Include events search bar on the homepage

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    timothygrahl
    Participant

How do I include the events search on the homepage of my website (or any other page for that matter)?

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Hi timothygrahl,

Our plugins do not include that functionality out-of-the-box, nor do they utilize shortcodes at the present time. So currently the only way to to that would be to customize your theme to display the search bar. You can find some information on how to do that either in the Themer’s Guide (https://theeventscalendar.com/support/documentation/events-calendar-themers-guide/) or in our Documentation (http://docs.tri.be/). It will require digging into the code to accomplish, but should be do-able. However, since it does fall into the area of customization, I hope you can understand that we’re not able to provide specific support for your situation.

— Julie

timothygrahl
    Participant

Wondering if there is one thing you could point me towards… how do I enqueue the right css/js in the header on non-event pages?

Julie Kuehl
    Participant

Enqueueing scripts is something I’ll want to run by one of the developers. Hang on and we’ll see what they say.

— Julie

Barry

Hi timothygrahl,

You would use WordPress’s standard functions for this, like wp_enqueue_style() and wp_enqueue_script(). If you open your browser’s dev tools you’ll get a sense for which CSS and JS assets are required and can experiment with setting those up on any other page you choose.

You’ll likely be interested in tribe-events-bar.js and tribe-events.js as a minimum, but will need to keep a wary eye out for any other scripts and styles they depend upon.

Hope that helps!

erictondelli
    Participant

Hi timothygrahl,
    i have to do your same task!
    Do you find all .js and .css to see event list view in hp?

hpolat
    Participant

this is awful, I bought this add on by dreaming to add the calendar on my homepage. there is no shortcodes? unacceptable. Can you make one and let us know? thank you

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • The topic ‘Include events search bar on the homepage’ is closed to new replies.