Include events in searches

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Include events in searches

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Frank
    Participant

hello, I wanted to reply to this thread but it’s closed:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/searching-just-the-calendar/

Jonah, you advise inserting a snippet to modify the WP search query so that events can be searched with the search form. WHERE do you insert the snippet? And is this something that can be used with a child template so the custom query doesn’t get erased every time WP or Events Calendar is upgraded?

Please let me know! My search form is broken and I’m not sure why.

Best,
    Frank

Frank
    Participant

After looking further into this, I think the problem might be caused because I have a 301 redirect in my .htaccess sending visitors from my main subdomain (toronto.fashioncalendar.ca) to the events home page (toronto.fashioncalendar.ca/events/).

Perhaps the search form is being redirected to the /events/ path and finding nothing since my WP installation is in the root? Is there a way to force it to search the root? I feel like the search form was working when I first installed Events Calendar, but I can’t remember.

Best,
    Frank

Rob

Hey Frank. Thanks for the post here; Jonah is out on sabbatical the next month or so, but I’m happy to field this to the appropriate party to make sure we get you a response here.

As such I’ve asked another member of our dev team to take a look here and see if they can advise you on forcing a search of the root. No guarantees but we’ll see what we can offer up. Stay tuned and thanks for your patience so far.

Hey Frank! I’m “the other member of our dev team” 🙂 Pleased to meet you!

Any chance you could post (or send me to [email protected] if you want to keep it private) the url of the site were this is implemented? Would like to see what’s going on. Just need the front-end url.

Rob

Hey Frank. Just wanted to follow-up on this; any thoughts per Daniel’s note, above? What else can we do to help you out here?

Rob

Just wanted to follow-up on this, Frank – as we haven’t heard from you in a while, I’m going to go ahead and close this thread out in the interest of organization here on the forums. Should you find that this issue emerges again please post a new thread and we’ll follow-up as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • The topic ‘Include events in searches’ is closed to new replies.