"Include events in main blog loop : How to show "event-image"

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO "Include events in main blog loop : How to show "event-image"

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author
    scirodesign
    Participant

Hi just updated the event calendar and I now can “Include events in main blog loop.” This is fantastic as I’ve been trying to do that for some time but it would mess up my “anyslider”.

With that said is there something I have to put into my template files to get the images to show up? I see via firebug the image is in a div “tribe-events-event-image”

mastres
    Participant

I have a similar question i check this option but don’t show in my website, i think is a problem with the theme installed because in the default theme works.
    I need it because my theme show post as featured slider and i don’t want to duplicate information.
    The theme is function by woothemes, any help?

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, scirodesign. I am not able to reproduce any issues with images (featured or part of the content) displaying in the main blog loop. Are you able to replicate it using Twenty Twelve? I’d appreciate a link where I could see the issue in action.

As far as your theme goes, mastres, the basic idea is that you need to replace where it calls the_excerpt() with the_content(). Here’s an example of what I’m describing from another thread: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/how-to-show-full-events-post-in-search-and-tags/#post-63498

Does that make sense?

mastres
    Participant

hi Kelly, my problem is that the theme don’t show any event in main blog loop, and i have this option check.
    Regards

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, mastres. In that case, since it does work in 2012, it’s probably a good idea to get in touch with WooThemes. Let us know if they have any questions for us, and we’ll do our best to get you back in business.

Thanks!

mastres
    Participant

Hi, this is what woothemes told me
    “Could you ask Modern Tribe to tell you how the function works as in How do they add it to the loop. Then I’ll look into why it doesn’t work with our theme.”
    Here is the ticket http://support.woothemes.com/requests/96906

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, mastres. Thanks for getting back to us. Please have Woo check out lib/tribe-event-query.class.php:110-113. That should point them in the right direction.

mastres
    Participant

is this?
    // if a user selects a date in the event bar we want it to persist as long as possible
    if ( !empty( $_REQUEST[‘tribe-bar-date’] ) ) {
    $query->set( ‘eventDate’, $_REQUEST[‘tribe-bar-date’] );
    }

mastres
    Participant

sorry i found it

if ( $query === $wp_the_query && $query->is_main_query() && tribe_get_option( ‘showEventsInMainLoop’, false ) && !is_page() && !is_admin() && !is_single() && !is_singular() && ( ( is_home() && !$query->tribe_is_event_query ) || is_archive() || is_category() || is_tax() ) ) {
    $query->query_vars[‘post_type’] = isset( $query->query_vars[‘post_type’] ) ? (array) $query->query_vars[‘post_type’] : array( ‘post’ );
    $query->query_vars[‘post_type’][] = TribeEvents::POSTTYPE;
    }

Kelly
    Participant

Hi, mastres. Your last post is indeed the correct one.

I’d like to suggest that it would probably be best if you pass the entire file with a note about the line numbers rather than just that snippet. That way, the Woo support team get the context.

Thanks!

mastres
    Participant

Yes i have given them this lines and the file.
    Regards

Kelly
    Participant

Thanks, mastres. Hope they have some good news for you.

cookieweb
    Participant

Hello there – I am also having problems with the events not showing up on the homepage of my WooTheme Canvas (I also have include events in main blog checked). Mastres did you get a solution from WooThemes?

mastres
    Participant

Hi, cookieweb, they give me a solution but still don’t work. You can see it here. http://support.woothemes.com/requests/96906

cookieweb
    Participant

Hey Mastres – even when I am logged into WooThemes (I’m a subscriber) I can’t get access to that thread – can you post the response here by any chance?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • The topic ‘"Include events in main blog loop : How to show "event-image"’ is closed to new replies.