Inability to Manage Attendees for TIckets Sold on Page/Post

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus Inability to Manage Attendees for TIckets Sold on Page/Post

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    dglogowski
    Participant

I want to sell tickets on the event page as well as a separate page (linked website url in event). I configured the settings to allow tickets to sold on pages and posts. But how do I link the tickets (and their associated attendee information) that are sold via either page (event page and separate conference page) are associated with the same event and consolidate attendees and orders together in the mange events listing (view attendees/orders on the backend). Also to ensure the shared capacities are properly decremented (I a selling multiple tickets for the event — e.g. member, non-members).

Currently working on my local host development platform, but upload final solution to our genealogy site (fgstampa.org)

Jennifer
    Keymaster

Hello,

Thanks for reaching out!

Tickets can only be linked to the single post (whether this is an “event”, “page”, or “post” post type) that they were created on. If you want to link to certain tickets from several pages, your best bet might be to create them on a dedicated post/page and then link to that page from the events/pages that you want to display the tickets on.

Alternatively, if you’re using WooCommerce, you could use the full WooCommerce product page to sell tickets – this is disabled by default, but this code will re-enable it. You could then use the [products ids=””] shortcode to display tickets on any page you like (if you add a featured image to the WooCommerce product, the image will display too).

Otherwise, there isn’t a way to “merge” attendees from tickets created on different pages. You can export the lists and merge them manually, but as far as stock management goes, this can only be done collectively for tickets created on the same page.

Please let me know if you have any questions or if I’ve misunderstood what you’re looking for!

Thanks,

Jennifer

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Inability to Manage Attendees for TIckets Sold on Page/Post’ is closed to new replies.