In-Store Ticket Purchases (At the Door Tickets)

Home Forums Ticket Products Event Tickets Plus In-Store Ticket Purchases (At the Door Tickets)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    CK Evans
    Participant

In relation to this previous discussion:
    https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/at-the-door-ticket-processing/

We have customers that purchase tickets in the store. We need to be able to add their names and emails to the event attendees list while handling the inventory numbers properly. I figured out how to add a new order to the orders list, but when I pick the event and set the order settings, it does not handle the inventory properly. After submitting the order, I check the stock on the event page and it does say, for example, 3 tickets purchased, but it adds 3 tickets to the number of tickets available. Say there is a 25 ticket limit on the event, I enter 3 manually as a new order, so the inventory is updated to say 3 tickets sold out of 28 tickets. Can you help me figure out how to do this properly? Maybe I am missing something…

Also, I can add one name to the order through the billing information, which will put a name on the tickets, and I can enter their email in the billing info which handles the contact info on the tickets. What I would really like is to be able to enter three names and emails for each of the manually entered tickets. Let me know if there is a way to accomplish this currently, and please point me in the right direction if not.

Sorry, this post posted without being completed, but all my plugins are up to date, along with wordpress:
    WooCommerce by WooThemes version 2.1.10
    The Events Calendar: WooCommerce Tickets by Modern Tribe, Inc. version 3.6
    The Events Calendar by Modern Tribe, Inc. version 3.6.1
    The Events Calendar PRO by Modern Tribe, Inc. version 3.6.1

Thanks so much for your time and help with these matters!

Barry

Hi!

After submitting the order, I check the stock on the event page and it does say, for example, 3 tickets purchased, but it adds 3 tickets to the number of tickets available. Say there is a 25 ticket limit on the event, I enter 3 manually as a new order, so the inventory is updated to say 3 tickets sold out of 28 tickets. Can you help me figure out how to do this properly? Maybe I am missing something…

So the short answer is that manual adjustment of the inventory is required here.

This isn’t really something WooCommerce Tickets enforces but rather is a facet of WooCommerce itself. If you manually create an order (or indeed manually amend one/cancel one) then you are responsible for manually adjusting inventory levels to compensate – so in this case the best approach is to reduce the available stock by the appropriate amount.

This may seem counter-intuitive but there is some logic behind it: for instance, when cancelling a shipped product it isn’t a given that a physical item will be returned to stock. Conversely, in a virtual product context – such as with tickets, there may be a nominal capacity for a venue but in reality you find you are able to allocate an extra ticket to a special guest.

What I would really like is to be able to enter three names and emails for each of the manually entered tickets. Let me know if there is a way to accomplish this currently, and please point me in the right direction if not.

Right now there is no built-in mechanism for this, I’m afraid. Attendee-specific information is a popular request and we’re investigating it – in the meantime you’re definitely welcome to add your support by upvoting the idea here.

Thanks!

Barry

Hi! It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this thread. If we can help with anything else, though, please don’t hesitate to create new threads as needed. Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘In-Store Ticket Purchases (At the Door Tickets)’ is closed to new replies.