Improve customizability of Filter Bar

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Improve customizability of Filter Bar

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Lars
    Participant

Hi, how is it “far easier to customize the existing suite of filters” with 3.6 in relation to this?
    http://tribe.uservoice.com/forums/195723-feature-ideas/suggestions/5568162-improve-customizability-of-filter-bar

Barry

Hi Lars – great question.

We’ve added a new filter (in the sense of a WordPress hook) to the TribeEventsFilter base class called tribe_events_filter_values … the essence of this is that, for all of the filters that ship with Filter Bar, you can modify the options that each presents.

A good example is categories. You may have a “convenience category” that you do not wish to be exposed to visitors via the Category Filter – with this new hook you can easily achieve that by setting up a function which removes the unwanted option.

Lars
    Participant

Not sure if I understood that. I got 2 “Additional Fields” (Checkbox fields) that I would like as filters in the “Filter bar” and have been waiting for this to become possible since it was promised with the April release. Does this “far easier to customize the existing suite of filters” mean that we can do it manually whilst waiting for the next “Filter bar” update? – that hopefully this time will support the ability to use “Additional Fields” in “Filter bar”.

Barry

So right now Filter Bar does not ship with a filter that targets additional fields – but you can certainly build your own by extending the TribeEventsFilter class. It’s definitely something where some PHP and WordPress development know-how would be needed – but is absolutely achievable.

I hope that clarifies things 🙂

Lars
    Participant

Thanks! is this supposed to be implementet for version 3.7?

Barry

I’m afraid I can’t offer any guarantees there. I’m interested that you commented on it being promised for the April release, though, can you point me to where you saw that? It may have been an oversight but I’d love to correct it if so (or update it to clarify things at least). Thanks!

Lars
    Participant

This reply is private.

Barry

Ah, ok – thanks for confirming.

That may well have been the plan at that time and I’m sure that was communicated to you in good faith. Unfortunately these things are subject to change and while work was set in motion it didn’t progress to the point where we were able to roll this out as a new and complete feature – I’m sorry for the misunderstanding on that count.

What I’d recommend is monitoring our products stream for future announcements – as this would be a fairly notable new feature I’m sure there will be an announcement at the appropriate time.

I hope that clarifies everything and I’ll go ahead and close this thread – if we can help with anything else though please do create new threads as needed 🙂

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Improve customizability of Filter Bar’ is closed to new replies.