Impossible to import Facebook events

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Impossible to import Facebook events

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Sebastien
    Participant

Hello everybody,

I’ve just bought the Facebook event plugin and I face couple issues regarding the importation.

I tried once with a single event ID and it worked well.

Now I put 11 organizations and when I click on Import Facebook it loads forever before getting a white page. With jusst 4 organizations it goes on but when I want to load the events selected it makes the same white page.

In addition, some organization make an error. The notice said that it’s maybe because of the age or the restricted country. Well, I’m in Russia and all the events will take place in Russia. I do hope it won’t be a problem. Any idea on this point?

Sebastien
    Participant

I also have an DNS error : DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN

when I try to reach the calendar and sometime the list.

Do you know where it comes from ?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Sebastien,

Thanks for reaching out to us!

I apologize for the inconvenience you’re experiencing when using our plugin. Would you mind providing us a list of the Facebook pages that you’re attempting to import from so we can do some further testing with those pages.

Additionally, I’m not familiar with the DNS_PROBE_FINISHED_NXDOMAIN issue you describe, however this article may be helpful for that one.

Thanks!

Sebastien
    Participant

Dear Josh,

Thanks for your reply.

Here a first list:

TelegraphDI
    ptitsplus
    AntiBoringMoscow
    NumaMoscow
    italymgimo
    SpaceMoscow
    digitaloctober
    BuddhaBarMoscow
    alexandrederussie
    table.moscovite
    ccifr.ru
    tsarvoyages
    FlaconDesignFactory
    MoscowLEM
    obvious.russia
    lecourrierderussie
    troika.travel
    BaikalNature

Impossible to import these pages for exemple:
    AntiBoringMoscow
    table.moscovite

Josh
    Participant

Hey Sebastien,

Thanks for sending this list over. I’ve noticed some issues with importing on initial pass and will take a few minutes to diagnose what may be going on here. I’ll follow up here shortly.

Thanks!

Josh
    Participant

Hey Sebastien,

I figured out my original issue which was related to a customization I tested for another ticket. Going back to the original issue, is this what you’re noticing on the import screen that is causing the problem here https://cloudup.com/cXe6sKDDvmM?

Are you able to check and import the events that do have a checkbox next to the event title?

Thanks!

Sebastien
    Participant

Hi Josh,

Yes I can import all event with the checkboxes.

2 main issues:

Once I put the entire list of page to the facebook plugin and I save, when I click on Import from Facebook it’s loading for hours before blocking. It works when I put 2-3 lines no more.

However in both cases, if I succeed reaching the Import facebook page and I check all the boxes. It imports all but ends on a white page but the events are imported.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Sebastien,

That definitely sounds like a strange issue to be having. I wasn’t able to reproduce, however if you remove the pages from the list that have the stated problem with the age restriction does the issue with the white screen and loading persist?

Thanks!

Sebastien
    Participant

So I tried with only those which work. 6 by 6 it’s fine work well but when I put all the list so 23 pages it takes more time (of course) but it doesn’t go through and I land on a white page.

Josh
    Participant

Hey Sebastien,

Thanks for following up. It’s best to leave it at just the 6 if those are the only ones on the list that don’t have the restrictions. Due to the Facebook API limitations, you’ll never be able to import the events from those other restricted pages using our plugin.

That being said though, there should be proper warnings displaying when attempting to import. Have you tried turning on WP_Debug or checking debug logs when the screen does go to a white screen? Having WP_Debug turned on may provide additional information for why the typical error messages aren’t getting displayed there.

Thanks!

Sebastien
    Participant

Dear Josh,

Well thanks but I’m as good as an informaticien. What’s is WP_debug? a plugin?

Josh
    Participant

Hey Sebastien,

Sorry for the confusion here, you can find more about WP_Debug and how to set it up here https://codex.wordpress.org/WP_DEBUG.

Thanks!

Support Droid
    Keymaster

This topic has not been active for quite some time and will now be closed.

If you still need assistance please simply open a new topic (linking to this one if necessary)
    and one of the team will be only too happy to help.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • The topic ‘Impossible to import Facebook events’ is closed to new replies.