Imports still don't always work & those set to go into PENDING REVIEW disappear

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Imports still don't always work & those set to go into PENDING REVIEW disappear

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    jskk123
    Participant

The on-going nightmare with event aggregator continues. The FB events set to import hourly often work, but not always. The others set to import daily say last import is “unknown” I can go in and MANUALLY run all 60 of my scheduled imports which is not the way I want to run my calendar but at least that works IF I have them set to PUBLISH.

Some of my FB venues have events outside of the area of my calendar so I set those venues to go to PENDING REVIEW. But when I go to Edit Events and look for PENDING so I can Publish or Hide & Ignore, there is no pending link to click on to see list of pending events.

If I manually submit an event via the community plugin, those DO go into pending and then I have a Pending link to click on, but the scheduled imports that are supposed to be in PENDING are not there, EVER. They just disappear. I can go back, manually import those and set to Publish and THEN get them on the calendar.

This plugin used to be awesome and worked great, honestly. Lately, it’s become a real nightmare to work with. I really hope you can get it fixed next time.

========================
    PLEASE LEAVE FOR SUPPORT
    Reporting the same issue as: https://theeventscalendar.com/support/forums/topic/scheduled-and-manual-imports-not-working-even-after-update/

jskk123
    Participant

I am also finding that if I set FB page to https://www.facebook.com/pg/thepagename that seems to help imports work when running them manually. It does NOT help them run automatically. They still fail.

I’ve also tried removing the scheduled imports and setting them up again. That doesn’t fix auto-import either.

Cliff

Hi. Sorry you’re experiencing this. Our development team understands the importance of getting Event Aggregator (EA) working properly for everyone and has made great improvements recently… but there are still a few more things to get ironed out, for sure. Part of the issue they’re struggling with is the inability to replicate some of the behaviors that users are reporting, which is why I want to make sure to collect all the details here.

===

1)

I see you have EA activated for both gorgecurrent.janellekoester.com and gorgecurrent.com

Which of these 2 sites is the one where you’re experiencing these issues?

2)

You said https://www.facebook.com/pg/thepagename helps… in comparison to what — a different URL?

3)

One bug that was fixed recently is when there were no new events to import since last time it was checked… it would show an error, which was inaccurate messaging. Could this possibly be the issue?

===

I’ll mark this ticket as Pending Fix, which means this thread should receive a reply once the applicable fix has been released. I cannot guarantee when it will be fixed as it’s in the development team’s hands now. They need to assign it, code it, test it, and schedule it for release.

I apologize for this issue and appreciate your understanding and patience.

jskk123
    Participant

Hi Cliff,
    thanks for your message. here are answers. I really love & appreciate this product and desperately want it to work well. Thanks for your help.

1. EA should NOT be active for anything except gorgecurrent.com, not sure how it got activated for the master domain it’s under. gorgecurrent is an “addon” domain with my hosting plan. janellekoester is the head domain that I don’t even use for any website. bottom line is that gorgecurrent.janellekoester.com and gorgecurrent.com are the same thing, they point to the same site.

2. using https://www.facebook.com/pg/thepagename seems to import better than https://www.facebook.com/thepagename even though they point to the same FB page. seems like when you look at a page’s EVENTS listings you end up at the /pg/thepagename URL and that’s why I thought to try it.

3. well, that could be that it’s reporting errors when there is nothing. I’ll keep an eye on that & add to my ticket if I see otherwise. but thinking about it, I couldn’t import at all until I changed to facebook.com/pg/thepagename and then events DID import, so I guess the answer here is NO.

4. Another thing I didn’t report but that I often see is 504 Gateway errors when trying to edit several events at once (opening 3-5 events, each in a different tab, just for ease of use). I review each event & press publish and while waiting for the publish to complete, I review the next event in the next Tab and press publish. Eventually they time-out and I get the 504 error. I’ve contacted my host MANY times about this. They say it’s the event calendar plugins and that they are written to use too many resources (or something like that). I’ve optimized & cleaned my database but nothing helps. Like I said, gorgecurrent is an add-on domain and I have a couple other (extremely low traffic ) sites on the same server that never, ever show that error. So, for what that’s worth…

Cliff

This reply is private.

jskk123
    Participant

This reply is private.

Cliff

This reply is private.

Support Droid
    Keymaster

Hey there! This thread has been pretty quiet for the last three weeks, so we’re going to go ahead and close it to avoid confusion with other topics. If you’re still looking for help with this, please do open a new thread, reference this one and we’d be more than happy to continue the conversation over there.

Thanks so much!
    The Events Calendar Support Team

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Imports still don't always work & those set to go into PENDING REVIEW disappear’ is closed to new replies.