Import/Populate Events From External Ticketing API

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Import/Populate Events From External Ticketing API

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    cityofcharleston
    Participant

Hello Tribe!

I am looking to avoid duplicating work, and toward that end I would like to see if I can figure out how to grab event data from an external ticketing API and use Events Calendar Pro to display the events. Before I dig too deeply into this, I wanted to ask the experts if they knew of a logical way to do this or if they could point in a general direction. I don’t want to waste time trying to reinvent the wheel. Just for info – our website is a wordpress site and the api data is stored on our ticketing partner (ovationtix). Do you all happen to have any clients who make use of event calendar pro in a manner similar to what I described? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

George
    Participant

Hey @cityofcharleston,

Thanks for reaching out. What you’re trying to do is possible, but would unfortunately require much custom coding to implement.

So to implement something like this, you would have to write that custom code yourself or hire a professional developer to do it for you. We have a list of great developers here → http://m.tri.be/18k1 (and have no affiliation with any of these folks—they’re simply some well-respected names in the community that we’ve compiled to share in situations like this one).

As a bit of general information that might help you get started, the Tribe Events API class in The Events Calendar may help here — it provides some functions that help with some basic CRUD operations for events, venues, and organizers.

You can read this API class to see all of its available methods by heading to this file within The Events Calendar:

the-events-calendar/src/Tribe/API.php

I hope this information helps! Please let me know if there are any other issues or questions I can try to help with.

— George

cityofcharleston
    Participant

George,

Thanks for the quick reply! I am a pretty good coder so I am not afraid to take a look at example source code just to get an idea of things. I will look at the Tribe API and maybe we can use that to populate the events and have our ticketing vendor pull the data from us.

Appreciate your help!

George
    Participant

Sounds good! Best of luck with your project.

I’ll close this thread for now, but Open a new thread any time if other issues or questions arise.

— George

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Import/Populate Events From External Ticketing API’ is closed to new replies.