Importing Venues?

Home Forums Ticket Products Eventbrite Tickets Importing Venues?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    nes49
    Participant

Hi. I’ve just started using the EventBrite addon, but did create venuse and a few events before installing that.

When I create an event in EventBrite and then import it to WordPress, it seems to create an additional venue even though one is already there. I can update the WordPress version of the event to use the already-created venue, but is there a way to prevent new versions from being created?

Or is something else going on?

Barry

Hi nes49,

When you import an event from Eventbrite it will also import the assigned venue.

Though this may be similar and even near-identical to an existing venue you manually crafted within your WordPress site, unless it shares the same unique Eventbrite venue ID it will be treated as a separate entity.

It might be possible for us to introduce new logic that looks for address-based matches and if you think that would meet your needs you are more than welcome to propose it over on our UserVoice page:

tribe.uservoice.com

This will also allow others to comment on and support the idea – giving us a great sense for how much demand their might be (by the same token, please do search for suitable existing requests – if you can find one, it would be better to up-vote it rather than creating a separate suggestion).

Thanks!

Barry

Hi!

It’s been a while so I’m going to go ahead and close this topic.

• Need help with anything else? Go right ahead and post a new topic, one of the team will be only too happy to help
    • Still need help with this issue and need to re-open it? Again, please simply create a new topic and link to this one to provide the team with some context

Thanks!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing Venues?’ is closed to new replies.