Importing recurring events with html in description and custom fields

Home Forums Calendar Products Event Aggregator Importing recurring events with html in description and custom fields

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Anthony
    Participant

I’d like to import recurring events to EC pro and need to preserve the html in the description as well as include custom fields. I have all the events with the html and custom fields laid out nicely in a CSV file. Since EC can not import recurring events from a CSV, i converted the CSV into an ICS. However, ICS does not support html in the description, and the ICS export from the app i used excluded my custom fields.

Can i import the ICS file, with just the title and date fields (including recurring) and i then import my CSV file w/o the date info, but with the title and all the other fields including the description (w/html) and custom fields?

Cliff

Hi, Anthony.

None of our import options support recurrence — not iCal, not CSV, not any of them.

If an iCal recurrence series is detected (since it’s a native feature of the iCalendar spec), each instance is imported as an individual event, not as a recurrence for Events Calendar PRO.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Anthony
    Participant

Thanks for the clarification. Maybe I missed something obvious, but the public-facing pages for events calendar and aggregator might want to present these importing limitations in a more upfront and clearer fashion. Would have saved me a lot of time and frustration.

Cliff

Thank you for your feedback.

Our Event Aggregator (EA) page does state this limitation.

Our CSV import KB article does not mention recurrence, but there is no column for recurrence.

I hope this clarifies things a bit.

Have a great rest of your week.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing recurring events with html in description and custom fields’ is closed to new replies.