Importing Recurring Events

Home Forums Welcome! Pre-Sales Questions Importing Recurring Events

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Craig
    Participant

Hi there,

I’d like to import some recurring events using specified dates and times. The last I saw, it wasn’t possible to import recurring events. Any change in status on that?

On a related note if I was to import them as one-off events, is there any way to merge one-offs into recurring events. That would solve the first problem and also make it easier to move another client to recurring events.

Thanks,
    Craig

Cliff

Hi, Craig.

Event Aggregator still imports an iCal series of recurring events as individual events, not as a recurrence series.

There is a way to break PRO’s recurring events out from a series, out of the recurrence series, but not the other way around.

Technically, at this time, the way a recurrence series is structured is by creating the initial event, say Post ID 20, and then create all the other posts in the series, say 21, 22, and 23… then these three have 20 set as the post_parent… but we’ll eventually be doing away with this database structure.

You could request this as a new feature (or maybe search to see if the idea was already posted by someone else) at our plugins’ UserVoice page.

This allows others who are interested in that feature to easily voice their support. We frequently review suggestions there to find out which ones are popular, then we implement as many of them as we can.

If you post it / find it, feel free to link to it from here in case anyone comes across this forum thread in the future.

===

Although this may not work unless you’re just concerned about a one-time import… if you import a single event that was recurring from iCal, you could delete all the recurrences that were imported (all but the first instance) and then turn that first instance into a recurring event via PRO’s functionality.

Please let me know if you have any follow-up questions on this topic.

Craig
    Participant

Thanks, Cliff. Sorry I missed this before. I’ll definitely add it to UserVoice.

Best,
    Craig

Cliff

No worries at all. Thanks for understanding. Have a great rest of your week.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing Recurring Events’ is closed to new replies.