Importing other Calendars

Home Forums Calendar Products Events Calendar PRO Importing other Calendars

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Chris
    Participant

Will there be a way in the new version or is there currently a way to import other calendars automatically (e.g. ics feed or rss)? I need to be able to share the info from one calendar to another on different sites, and while I really like the way this plugin works and looks, the lack of this feature may make it necessary to stop using it.

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Chris,

We don’t currently offer this functionality but you should be able to get something working by using something like: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/feedwordpress/

I hope that helps!

– Jonah

Chris
    Participant

SO this seems to be headed the right direction but not all of the information is being passed through rss from the events. Venue, price, phone, etc. aren’t showing up in the feed… any suggestions/direction to try to get all of the info ported over?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately not. You’ll need to figure out something on your own. Sorry I can’t offer more here.

– Jonah

Chris
    Participant

It is disappointing that you would not offer support for getting a complete rss feed from the content created by your plugin. Is there a reason that it is not all included by default?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Chris,

This has been something that has come up again and again and we are definitely aware that event RSS feeds need some work. But at this time we are focusing all our efforts on 3.0 which unfortunately does not include any changes in the RSS feed output.

Sorry I don’t have better news but there’s not much else I can do.

– Jonah

Chris
    Participant

Will there be any way to share events from one site’s calendar to another in 3.0?

Jonah
    Participant

Hi Chris,

As far as I know this is not a feature on the list for 3.0.

– Jonah

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • The topic ‘Importing other Calendars’ is closed to new replies.